Recruiter at Landmark Online
Views:956 Applications:139 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:131
Landmark Group - General Manager - Merchandising Analytics (12-18 yrs)
The Landmark Group, founded in 1973, has a diverse portfolio of retail and hospitality brands. It has successfully grown into one of the largest and most successful retail conglomerates in the MENA region with an entrepreneurial culture focused on delivering exceptional value. The Group employs over 45,000 people, and operates over 1,600 outlets covering 22 million square feet across 19 countries in the Middle East, North Africa and India region.
Built with love and loads of effort by many smart, talented, and passionate Landmarkers, Our goal is simple: to deliver high impact to all business functions and institutionalize data driven decision making.
The Landmark Group is one of the leading retail and hospitality organizations in the Middle East and India. Its vast portfolio of successful businesses includes award-winning household brands like Lifestyle, Max, Splash and Home Centre.
Culturally we are an open organization with No Cabin culture and with Lean Structure
We believe Sports makes a person active and intelligent and we would be happy if you play some Table Tennis or pocket in some balls in Pool table
An organization we are ranked as a Great place to work and we are proud of our Company values.
DLL - Data Labs @ LMG Introduction:
Data Labs at Landmark was established in 2015 and is a key function to aid the different businesses of Landmark Group in both overall strategy and intelligent data driven decision making.
The team has seen immense growth in the past years expanding from a team of 3 people in 2015 to 130+ members globally (Dubai & Bangalore). The team follows an on- shore/ off-shore model of delivery and consists of people with expertise in Retail Analytics & Product Development, solving problems not limited to Inventory Management, Assortment Planning, End to End Supply Chain & Pricing.
Job Title : General Manager (12+ yrs.) - Merchandising Analytics
Job Role :
Define and drive analytical solutions roadmap for improving merchandising business decisions of all business units (BU) in Landmark Group (Gulf/India). Lead 25+ member team to advise business stakeholders on a wide range of areas across varied merchandising functions- Inventory, Assortment, Space, Pricing & Promotions
Job Responsibilities :
- Functional Strategy & Advisory: Work with CEO, head of planning and buying of various brands on assessing merchandising strategy in alignment with business imperatives and business sales strategy through data diagnostics and gap analysis.
- Solutions Roadmap: Define quarterly solutions development roadmap for prioritizing improvement existing solutions and building new solutions for increasing the overall business impact of the team. Keep improving the return on investments driven by analytical solutions.
- Project Management: Assign right team members to relevant project teams and ensure quality, timeliness, and accuracy of the output.
- Stakeholder Management: Manage stakeholder expectations and understand the business problem from their point of view. Translate business requirements to analytical solutions and analytical results to business recommendations.
- Practice Development: Lead deployment of merchandising process improvements and best-in-class AI/ML applications in collaboration with product managers, data science and data engineering teams, and functional group members. Leverage functional and analytical expertise to design a solution to address on- going problems.
- Team Management: Define talent development plans of team members to match their career goals.
- Knowledge Management: Define knowledge management approach and monitor the team contributions. Contribute to development of training materials and share knowledge within team.
- Industry Benchmarking & Representation: Building industry knowledge and learn innovative approaches. Represent Landmark group in round tables, conferences, and workshops.
Desired skills and experience :
- Solid understanding of Retail industry and processes with expert level in Merchandising Analytics areas (Inventory, Assortment, Space, Pricing, etc.)
- 12+ years of experience with at least 4-5 years in People management role. Minimum 7 years of experience in Analytics
- Demonstrated people skills to develop strong connect with team members and personality to attract and manage top talent
- Knowledge of analytical techniques such as Time Series Analysis, Linear Regression, Linear & Integer Programming, Cluster Analysis, Decision Trees/Random Forest, etc. is required
- Understanding of variety of data analytical tools such as R, Python, SQL with expert level knowledge in at least one. Knowledge of cloud platform like Azure will be preferred
- Excellent presentation skills (Storyboarding, public speaking and influencing commercial audience)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal Skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work in high pressure environment
- Demonstrated experience of working with CXO level stakeholders and delivering business impact by incubating analytics solutions in large scale business
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate data insights into meaningful business recommendations
- Master's degree in any quantitative discipline or MBA. Candidates from Statistics or Operations Research background from ISI/IIT will be preferred.
- Open to Travel (up to 20%) on need basis
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.