Head of Talent Acquisition at Kwalee Ltd.
Views:234 Applications:58 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Kwalee - Chartered Accountant (3-10 yrs)
Kwalee is one of the world's leading multiplatform game publishers, with well over 600 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let's Be Cops 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS! and Eternal Hope.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it's paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you're a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee's success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we''re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As a Chartered Accountant you are fully qualified and have experience supervising teams. You will be a vital member of the finance team and help to make important financial decisions to ensure the company can grow rapidly.
What you tell your friends you do:
- I am the finance wizard that has a high attention to detail and supports the business in many ways
What you will really be doing:
- Lead the year end accountancy and external audit process
- Assist management with monthly and quarterly reporting
- Lead the month end close process
- Review sales and purchase invoices onto the accounting system (Quickbooks)
- Review accruals and prepayments to as part of month end close
- Review daily and monthly bank reconciliations
- Submit / approve bank payment runs
- Review monthly reporting of profit per game
- Review of GST returns and ensure compliance with tax liabilities (TDS, income tax)
- Assist with the preparation of UK (VGTR and R&D) and Indian tax claims
- Review of monthly payroll
How you will be doing this
- You'll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You'll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 150 staff where You'll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You- ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements:
- At least 3 year of experience in a similar role
- High attention to detail
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Dynamic and highly organised
- Finance qualification - fully qualified - CA, ICAI, ACCA
- Ideally passion for games
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that's why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well