Head - HR & Administration at PTPL
Views:14384 Applications:227 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:40
KRChoksey - Institutional Equity Head (12-18 yrs)
Job Title: Institutional Equity Head
Department: Institutional Equity
Reports to (Job Title): Managing Director
To build and provide strategic direction to the Institutional Research & Sales teams, consolidating and growing the organization business through both domestic and foreign segments in a systematic way.
- Responsible for the profitability of the business
- Increase market share within the local DII market, with effective client sourcing and empanelment of clients with DIIs, Corporate Treasuries.
- Provide strategic direction to the institutional segment to enable business growth;
- Proactively maintains and manages current client relationships by frequently calling and visiting with clients therefore increasing trade activity
- Provides written quarterly updates on their business providing information on new clients, existing clients, potential clients and overall percentage of revenue goal
- Regularly monitors and conveys order flow, trading ideas, market color, news and data on the current financial market to clients
- Deemed as a resource to institutional money managers
- Monitors market information and stock price fluctuations throughout the day
- Provide creative and viable solutions to clients needs
- Pro-actively shares ideas with other traders and research department to maximize exposure
- Efficiently troubleshoot issues and/or problems in a timely manner; seek guidance if needed
- Utilize the Client Resource Management system to organize and effectively manage client relationships
- Communicates all relevant and critical information to management in a timely manner
- Implement review systems for the business including Monthly review meetings;
- Budgeting, costing and cost controls;
- Regular internal audits and ensuring compliances with minimal variances;
- Creatively develops and implements short and long term sales and trading strategies to achieve revenue goals
- Effectively identify, develop and cultivate new client relationships with institutional money managers
- Ensure smooth functioning of the function and ensure that minimal decisions are referred to MD.
- Educational Qualification: MBA from a leading institution
- Minimum 12 years of experience with at least 5+ years experience leading / supervising teams ideally in multiple office locations. Experience in institutional research is a must.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively as part of a team or on individually-assigned tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where superior time-management and prioritization skills are essential.
- Possess thorough knowledge of financial markets, equity operations, trading strategies, settlements, etc.
- Proven ability to make real time trading decisions weighing complex circumstances under considerable time pressure
- Has an established and strong book of business with solid buy-side relationships
- Strategic thinker, Self-motivated, disciplined, assertive and able to work independently in a fast paced, competitive environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate internally and externally
- Must possess the highest level of integrity, strong analytical skills and critical thinking skills
- Must be a team player and be able to work cohesively with management, colleagues and staff
- Able to occasionally travel (local and domestic) to client meetings and events
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Proficient computer skills using various electronic trading systems and algorithmic trading platforms
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.