Head - HR & Administration at PTPL
Views:12385 Applications:181 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:27
KRChoksey - Institutional Equity Head (12-18 yrs)
Job Title: Institutional Equity Head
Department: Institutional Equity
Reports to (Job Title): Managing Director
To build and provide strategic direction to the Institutional Research & Sales teams, consolidating and growing the organization business through both domestic and foreign segments in a systematic way.
- Responsible for the profitability of the business
- Increase market share within the local DII market, with effective client sourcing and empanelment of clients with DIIs, Corporate Treasuries.
- Provide strategic direction to the institutional segment to enable business growth;
- Proactively maintains and manages current client relationships by frequently calling and visiting with clients therefore increasing trade activity
- Provides written quarterly updates on their business providing information on new clients, existing clients, potential clients and overall percentage of revenue goal
- Regularly monitors and conveys order flow, trading ideas, market color, news and data on the current financial market to clients
- Deemed as a resource to institutional money managers
- Monitors market information and stock price fluctuations throughout the day
- Provide creative and viable solutions to clients needs
- Pro-actively shares ideas with other traders and research department to maximize exposure
- Efficiently troubleshoot issues and/or problems in a timely manner; seek guidance if needed
- Utilize the Client Resource Management system to organize and effectively manage client relationships
- Communicates all relevant and critical information to management in a timely manner
- Implement review systems for the business including Monthly review meetings;
- Budgeting, costing and cost controls;
- Regular internal audits and ensuring compliances with minimal variances;
- Creatively develops and implements short and long term sales and trading strategies to achieve revenue goals
- Effectively identify, develop and cultivate new client relationships with institutional money managers
- Ensure smooth functioning of the function and ensure that minimal decisions are referred to MD.
- Educational Qualification: MBA from a leading institution
- Minimum 12 years of experience with at least 5+ years experience leading / supervising teams ideally in multiple office locations. Experience in institutional research is a must.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively as part of a team or on individually-assigned tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where superior time-management and prioritization skills are essential.
- Possess thorough knowledge of financial markets, equity operations, trading strategies, settlements, etc.
- Proven ability to make real time trading decisions weighing complex circumstances under considerable time pressure
- Has an established and strong book of business with solid buy-side relationships
- Strategic thinker, Self-motivated, disciplined, assertive and able to work independently in a fast paced, competitive environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate internally and externally
- Must possess the highest level of integrity, strong analytical skills and critical thinking skills
- Must be a team player and be able to work cohesively with management, colleagues and staff
- Able to occasionally travel (local and domestic) to client meetings and events
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Proficient computer skills using various electronic trading systems and algorithmic trading platforms