Recruitment at KPMG Global Services
Views:2950 Applications:716 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
KPMG - Team Leader - Research - Healthcare Domain (5-7 yrs)
We are recruiting for a Team Leader in the Research and Benchmarking Team.
Working as a Team Leader, your responsibilities will include:
- Connect with research and benchmarking users (advisors from KPMG member firms across the world) to understand project objectives, scope, and deliverables.
- Manage available staff resources and secure additional resource as required
- Effectively manage the request intake process including participating in project scoping calls to clarify understanding and prepare a detailed project scope document capability
- Deals confidently with challenges by responding with a rationale to support their argument
- Conceive, design and execute secondary research on: Deals confidently with challenges by responding with a rationale to support their argument
- Company: business model, segments, revenue model, strategy, issues / challenges, M&A history, competitive positioning, organization structure, key management, recent developments, SWOT, etc
- Market: industry value chain, size and growth outlook, trends and drivers, growth inhibitors and challenges, competitive landscape, Porter's / PESTLE analysis, etc
- Benchmarking: basic understanding of the role of support functions, salary benchmarking, cost benchmarking, and vendor assessment from a business perspective
- Financials: broad analysis of income statement, balance sheet, cash flows, ratios, segment performance, etc
- Competitors: comparative performance of companies on financial and operational KPIs, relative strengths and-weaknesses, etc
- Location Assessment: understanding of the demographic, socio-political and workforce enablers
- Drive the analysis of the above to draw key insights; map a company's strategy and pain points to KPMG's services, in order to advise the practitioners on possible business development opportunities /scope; deliver insights on client engagements; etc.
- Articulate findings through visually appealing / appropriate frameworks and in a clear, concise, and grammatically correct business English (both written and verbal)
- Ensure effective presentation of client deliverables - prepare client ready presentations that are well structured, logical and clear to understand
- Guide Senior Analysts (SA) and Business Associates (BA) across each stage of projects - from communicating client requirements, scoping and work allocation, to continuous supervision and review across secondary research, data analysis and discussions, story-boarding, and preparing deliverables
- Ensure highest quality (for self and team members output) and on-time delivery for all the projects.
- Independently handle multiple projects, with minimal supervision from Manager/Assistant Manager
- Provide on-the-job and other classroom-based training (technical/databases) to SAs and BAs, and implement regular feedback mechanism
- Work collaboratively with onshore KPMG teams in the development of and delivery of presentations and key findings
- Drive the team's operations (staffing, MI, etc.) and key initiatives (such as training, team get together, BD collaterals, etc.)
- Contribute to BU level initiatives / assist in executing tasks (e.g. training)
Essential skills required
Education / professional qualifications
- Post Graduate (MBA / CFA / CA / M.Com. / PG in Economics)
- Ideally, the candidate should be a graduate/ post-graduate in medical sciences, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology or related healthcare fields Prior Experience:
- The candidate must have 4 to 6 years of relevant experience in a similar role, particularly in a professional services firm / third-party KPO / specialized research houses, or research divisions of investment banks; with Graduate qualification
- Prior experience in team management (of 2-4 juniors for 2-3 years) - ability to identify team members- strengths, development areas and training needs, effectively allocating work, providing feedback, etc.
- Experience of conducting secondary research in Life Science and Healthcare sector is a must
Project and Team management exposure:
- Prior experience in project scoping, effort estimate, project work planning, team handling, staffing, providing feedback, etc.
- Credible record of operating as an independent contributor and also working as part of a team during larger projects
- Handle a portfolio of various level of complexity - manage multiple project team members
- Ability to form and express independent opinion on sectorial developments
- Should have worked for consulting firms or research teams in KPOs, focusing on Life-Sciences / Healthcare sector. Should understand nuances of these sectors.
- Ability to strategically analyze companies / markets / countries, especially the ones related to Life-Sciences / Healthcare sector
- Proficient across databases (such as Investext, Capital IQ, MergerMarket, SDC Platinum, Lexis Nexis, etc.), in identifying surrogates, and triangulating data points
- Proficiency in MS-Office - Intermediate/Advanced MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint and MS-Word
- Highly articulate with excellent communication and presentation skills (especially PowerPoint)
- Experience in preparing reports, thought leaderships, media articles, industry landscapes, company analysis and regulatory updates
- Ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative data quickly and draw meaningful insights
- Strong numerical, analytical and strategic thinking skills, and sound business / commercial acumen
- Adept at strategic frameworks such as SWOT, Porter's Five Forces, PESTLE, etc.
- A pragmatic approach to analysis and problem solving; ability to drive through to an outcome in circumstances of complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to assess technical information to distill key strategic insights and convey these succinctly, clearly and confidently, verbally and in written form
Behavioral / team skills
- Personal drive and positive work ethic to deliver results within tight deadlines and in demanding situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Prioritization and effective time management skills
- Effective team player
- Ability to handle client communication
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.