Recruitment at KPMG Global Services
Views:2093 Applications:607 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
KPMG - Senior Analyst - Research (2-4 yrs)
We are recruiting for a Senior Analyst in the Research and Benchmarking team. Working as a Senior Analyst in the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to research and benchmarking assignments - either as a part of an ongoing client engagement, or as a part of business development efforts conducted by the entity
- Conceive, design and execute secondary research on:
- Company: business model, segments, revenue model, strategy, issues / challenges, M&A history, competitive positioning, organization structure, key management, recent developments, SWOT, etc.
- Market: industry value chain, size and growth outlook, trends and drivers, growth inhibitors and challenges, competitive landscape, Porter's / PESTLE analysis, etc.
- Benchmarking: basic understanding of the role of support functions, salary benchmarking, cost benchmarking, and vendor assessment from a business perspective
- Financials: broad analysis of income statement, balance sheet, cash flows, ratios, segment performance, etc.
- Competitors: comparative performance of companies on financial and operational KPIs, relative strengths and weaknesses, etc.
- Location Assessment: understanding of the demographic, socio-political and workforce enablers
- Prepare client deliverables (MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word) - prepare client ready presentations that are well structured, logical and clear to understand
- Undertake exhaustive research for deliverables and triangulate information and data points from various data sources
- Suggest alternative data sources/research methodologies, suggest proxies and run creative queries to fetch difficult to obtain data
- Logical thought structuring and ability to draw insights/so-what's in simple to mid-complex projects with guidance
- Articulate findings through use of clear, concise, and grammatically correct business English (both written and verbal)
- Ability to develop simple bespoke frameworks to represent research and offer innovative ways of presenting information
- Proactively seek guidance to decode scope requirements and ask relevant questions to get to the big picture
- Proactively use past learning to connect dots, offer innovative ways of presenting information and develop simple bespoke frameworks
- Meet all internal/external timelines and provide solutions in case of delays
- Adequately assist project lead on client calls
- Work reasonably independently, with appropriate supervision and guidance from Team Lead/Assistant Manager/Manager
- Work collaboratively with onshore KPMG teams in the development of and delivery of presentations and key findings
- Education / professional qualifications
- MBA / M.Com / PG in Commerce
- The candidate must have 1-3 years of relevant experience in a similar role, particularly in a leading consulting firm (e.g. international consulting firm, Big 4, global investment bank, leading research house).
- Experience working with international clients
- Proficiency in MS-Office - Intermediate/Advanced MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint and MS-Word
- Highly articulate with excellent communication and presentation skills (especially PowerPoint)
- Experience in doing data analysis, preparing reports, thought leaderships, media articles, industry landscapes, company analysis and regulatory updates
- Ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative data quickly and draw meaningful insights
- Primary/secondary research and benchmarking proficiency in using specialized databases and free sources
- Strong numerical, analytical and strategic thinking skills, and sound business / commercial acumen
- Adept at strategic frameworks such as SWOT, Porter's Five Forces, PESTLE, etc.
- A pragmatic approach to analysis and problem solving; ability to drive through to an outcome in circumstances of complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to assess technical information to distill key strategic insights and convey these succinctly, clearly and confidently, verbally and in written form
- Proficiency in using specialized databases and free sources
- Sustained research exposure (a minimum of 1 year continuously) to the below mentioned sectors will be an added edge:
- Financial Services, Industrial Manufacturing, Technology, Media and Telecom, Consumer Goods and Retail, Energy and Natural Resources, and Healthcare and Life Science
Behavioral / team skills
- Personal drive and positive work ethic to deliver results within tight deadlines and in demanding situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Prioritization and effective time management skills
- Effective team player
- Ability to handle client