KPMG - Manager/Associate Director - US Business Tax - Business Tax Services Team (8-16 yrs)
We are recruiting for a Manager/Associate Director at Business Tax services team.
Major responsibilities will include -
- Manager level review of workpapers, Federal tax returns and other informational forms as prescribed by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for US based Investment Partnership Clients (Private Equity, Hedge Fund etc.)
- Responsible for reviewing ECI, FDAP and Foreign Withholding Information for foreign investors-1042/1042S, 8804/8805.
- Review of various Hedge Funds book to tax adjustment/reclasses like Wash sales, PFIC, Straddle, Sec 1256/988, Dividend (QDI) etc.
- Responsible for providing training on PE and HF to new hires and coaching tax professionals
- Review of international tax filings such as PFICs, CFCs, and foreign information reporting (Form 926, Form 8865, Form 8621, Form 5471, etc.)
- Manage a portfolio of Asset Management (FS) clients of varying size and scope and act as the point of contact for internal clients
- Manage client's engagements from start to finish (planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects).
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
- Responsible for monitoring Engagement budgets vs actual hours
- Team with other professionals to identify new marketplace opportunities and grow the KPMG tax practice.
- Overseeing complex federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Lead and implement Quality initiatives for the Business Units and clients managed by the individual
- Responsible for managing scalable teams and development and performance management of the team.
- Proactively interact with client management team to gather information, resolve tax-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Manage risk and financial performance of engagements, including billing, collections, and the budget for projects
- Strong People leadership skills and leading by example.
- Contribute to thought leadership through technical white papers and research on a periodic basis.
- Proficient on Go System and other Tax Compliance tools.
- Minimum master's degree from reputable universities with excellent academic result, majoring in Accounting or Finance Experience. US CPA/ EA will be a plus
- The candidate must have 8 to 16 years of relevant experience in a similar role, preferably in a Big 4 Firm
- Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance
- Participate in business development activities and initiatives with the US BTS engagement teams, and manage a pipeline for KGS BTS professionals
- Assess tax impact on clients of rules and law changes, develop tax arguments to support conclusions and make recommendations to clients
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.