Recruiter at KPMG
Views:7022 Applications:768 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:584
KPMG - Consultant/Senior Consultant - Procurement Advisory (5-8 yrs)
- Identifying client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches.
- Analyzing and identifying disablers for achieving the desired procurement operations for the client. Developing and validating the recommendations for the client in the context of the business goals.
- Ability to lead small to medium value engagements or components of large, complex engagements.
- Expertise in end-to-end Procurement Process covering one or more of the following areas: supply planning, procurement planning, category management, procurement analytics, purchasing & expediting and P2P, Source-to-Pay.
- Ability to identify cost optimization opportunities in one or more areas covering purchasing category management, direct materials procurement, Engineered / Designed goods, indirect spends, contracts / services procurement & administration
- Should have specific category expertise in procurement, and have been involved / led value engineering / value addition projects for those categories
- Experience in usage of procurement / cost reduction tools & techniques such sourcing zero based budgeting, reverse auctions, VA/VE, LCC sourcing, would be an added advantage.
- Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
- Participate in client meetings for active collaboration and delivery of services. Be proactive and demonstrate assertiveness in communicating with client, exhibit excellent communication skills.
- Willing to travel and work on site 100% of the time with the clients, working in project teams at client locations.
- MBA + Engineering Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of experience across Industry & Consulting.
- The individual should have managed the procurement function (direct or indirect) across any of the industry environments (Auto/IM, industrial products,, Consulting, engineering, etc].
- Have specific expertise in techno-commercial expertise of sourcing direct materials / sourcing of indirect materials & services
- Should have knowledge of tools / levers / concepts like strategic sourcing, global sourcing, e-sourcing, make / buy evaluation, early vendor involvement etc.
- Knowledge of using e-sourcing tools like Ariba, Hubwoo (preferred)
- Having led procurement cost optimization / procurement process optimization projects and preferably been a part of large scale procurement optimization initiatives.
- Knowledge of one or more direct material technologies like castings, forgings, sheet metal, proprietary or indirect categories like Consumables, Travel & Stay, IT Purchase, Manpower etc.
- Good knowledge of costing mechanism (Zero based, Activity based] and Total Cost of Ownership evaluation
- Certified professionals will be an added advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and remain composed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.