KPMG - Assistant Manager/Manager - Contracts - National Risk Management - LLB (6-13 yrs)
KPMG entities in India offer services to national and international clients in India across sectors. We strive to provide rapid, performance-based, industry-focused and technology-enabled services, which reflect a shared knowledge of global and local industries and our experience of the Indian business environment.
Job Title: AM/Manager- Contracts
Post- qualification legal experience with a strong preference for considerable experience as in -house counsel, preferably for the Indian subsidiary of a multinational company or Indian multinational.
- Considerable experience in drafting, review and negotiation of client/third party contracts
- Understand the firm's risk management policies and processes and have the ability to assess risk in line with the same.
- Ability to work independently and pragmatically and be accountable for delivery of high-quality work.
- Ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, meet deadlines, and handle high pressure situations.
- Ability to exercise judgement regarding confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to collaborate with others in fast paced environment and willingness to work towards business-friendly solutions
- Experience in working with teams in other countries and time zones
Role & Responsibilities
- Drafting, review and negotiation of client/third party contracts.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders, business teams, senior management in a timely manner to close complex contractual issues.
- Gain deep understanding of contractual/legal concepts and provide clarifications on legal concerns to senior management and business teams.
- Work under tight deadlines, within the legal and risk framework of the firm to provide quick solutions to ensure smooth closure of contracts/agreements.
- Negotiate with clients/third parties on contractual matters. To escalate critical matters internally, assess risk in engagements undertaken by the firm and seek support to close contracts in a timebound manner.
- Understand Firm policies, framework, and SOP applicable to the role. Update SOP, train junior team members, and support in simplifying processes, automation, and innovation within the team.
- Gain a broad understanding of the firm's risk management policies.
- Be an excellent professional and have integrity in all your dealings
- Accuracy while performing the various task so as not to expose the Firm to undue risk
- Always acting in accordance with legal / regulatory / and internal risk procedures, remaining independent and objective at all times.
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft Office tools
- Familiarity with legal and other productive technology tools will be an added advantage.
- Strong executive presence, excellent communication, and relationship development skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Self-motivated and ability to work autonomously
- Good written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen sense of responsibility, solid professional standards, excellent track record of dependability
- LLB is a must have. LLM is good to have.
- 6+ Years of relevant experience
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.