KPMG - Actuarial Role - Non-Life Insurance Domain (1-7 yrs)
Actuarial Role (Non - Life Insurance)
Primary Responsibilities :
Actuarial Audits :
- Audit of the client's reserves and systems for true and fair view across Motor, Health, Property and Casualty, Personal and Accident, Health and other lines of business.
- Adherence to Reporting standards (IFRS, IGAAP, USGAAP)
- Review of Assumptions, methodology, controls and results
- Review reserving methodology (e.g. IBNR, PDR, UPR, URR, etc.)
- Understanding client's business model, identifying sources of liability, performing data validation, developing run off triangles and claims pattern, calculating IBNR reserves.
Model Development and Validation :
- Validating, creating and/or updating models based on new data/ events (e.g. catastrophe modelling, credit rating model, Risk Models)
Pricing & Product filing :
- Working knowledge of GLM, rate monitoring, product filing and Health insurance pricing.
Risk Management :
- Develop internal models and ERM framework; Own, Risk, and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) reports.
- Reviewing reinsurance agreements, monitor experience with reinsurance, reinsurance structure and structuring solutions.
Other related responsibilities :
- Assist client with understanding and implementing the new regulations e.g. IFRS 17, etc.
- Provide assistance with actuarial system transformation
Essential Requirements :
Education / professional qualifications :
- Graduate/Post graduate with a strong background in mathematics or statistics. Member of Institute of Actuaries (UK) and/or Institute of Actuaries of India and must of passed at least 8 actuarial exams from either of these institutes including CS2.
Prior Experience :
- Non-life actuarial experience with knowledge in reporting - reserving, business planning, pricing etc. Understanding of IFRS 17 preferred. Knowledge of stochastic modelling and proxy modelling is a plus.
Required Skills :
Technical Skills :
- Knowledge of insurance business and actuarial techniques specifically in any of the reporting areas. Familiarity with spreadsheets, databases, statistical analysis programs. Working knowledge of Emblem, RESQ, SAS, R, Python is a plus.
Soft Skills :
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with clients.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.