National TA Lead - Corporate at Kotak Mahindra Bank
Views:1332 Applications:167 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:109
Kotak Mahindra Bank - Manager - Legal - Private Equity Investment (4-8 yrs)
Primary Role responsibility:
- The incumbent would be responsible for providing legal support on various transactions involving corporate restructuring, private equity, corporate financing, fund raising, regulatory and other general corporate matters.
- Legal Support would involve
- Drafting, vetting, and reviewing of various contracts and other transaction documents and other works incidental and ancillary to any of the transactions including risk analysis.
- Attending negotiation meetings with counterparties, their representatives.
- Liaising with advocates, solicitors, law firms, counter parties and consultants.
- Providing support to other business functions as and when required.
- Providing timely guidance on changes in the statutes, and matters of business importance and ensuring compliance
- Providing high quality, independent and commercially relevant legal advice.
Secondary Role responsibility:
- Assist in any litigation/ arbitration or other dispute resolution that may be initiated by or against the Bank or other group entities.
- Depending on the need of the internal department any additionally role & responsibilities can be added &/or enhanced
- Must be a Law Graduate from a top law school with strong academic track record and a post qualification experience of at least 4-5 years.
- Prior relevant experience in a top-tier law firm or financial services industry with similar role including banks, Non- Banking Finance Companies, Asset Reconstruction Companies, Private Equity Firms.
- Strong knowledge of banking, finance, insolvency and bankruptcy laws and general corporate laws.
- Basic understanding of civil and criminal laws, information technology laws, Stamp Act, Indian Trust Act among others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong negotiation skills.
- Strong commercial sense and business acumen - ability to critically analyze and consider issues including legal/ commercial risk involved.
- Ability to independently handle assigned work
- Willing to travel to locations across the Country to attend to matters assigned.
- Able to work under constrained timelines.
- An articulate, self-starter, team player.