Kotak Mahindra Bank - Data Scientist - Risk Modeling (5-8 yrs)
Business interaction and problem evaluation
- The Analyst will be required to interact with middle and senior management executives across various businesses on a regular basis.
- He/she must possess strong ability to understand business requirements and model them into simple blue prints, and must identify challenges and opportunities where analytics can be pivotal in business unit.
Designing analytical strategy to approach problem
- The Analyst is expected to possess sound conceptual knowledge of function and data science, which will be amply tested when formulating an analytical strategy to tackle the business problem posed.
- He/she will need to work in team environment to tackle the business problem with an analytical and investigative mindset.
Presentation of business output to business heads
- Presentation of the solution is critical, as the audience will be business-focused and may have very less understanding of Analytical nitty-gritties. The Analyst will be expected to prepare reports and/or presentations that are thorough and keep the end in mind
Implementation of Analytical solution
- The Analyst will need to collaborate in cross-functional environment involving business/product/Risk/Credit/Collection/Campaign/IT-BSG teams to operationalize the analytics solution, while keeping tabs on the existing process details of the respective business units.
- It is therefore imperative for this role to bring simplicity, consistency, speed of deployment and innovation, in new areas that are critical to overall success
- Conduct detailed analysis, create segments, Develop Predictive Models (Scorecards)to discover patterns in multiple, large and seemingly unconnected data points and turn them into actionable, business, critical insights
- Work closely with Assets like Working Capital, Business Loan and Home Loan/LAP with Product/Credit and Policy/Risk teams in any of the following areas - acquisitions, authorizations, underwriting, existing customer management to understand their requirements and come up with analytical solutions
- Develop Acquisition and account management strategies and scorecards
- Must have knowledge and expertise to ensure proper risk management by tracking key risk metrics and analyzing trends in the portfolio (Portfolio Monitoring /Risk Analyst/Modeling )
- Master's in Business (with relevant analytical exposure), and/ or statistics/mathematics)
- Knowledge of statistical software like SAS, R, Python, etc. with inclination in scripting or programming.
Experience 5- 8 years
Location : Mumbai