Talent Acquisition at Kokuyo Camlin
Views:1837 Applications:74 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Kokuyo Camlin - Senior Manager/Deputy General Manager - Research & Development (10-15 yrs)
Job Purpose :
The purpose of the role is to conceptualize, design and productionize new products or improvements in existing products in the engineering products domain and also undertake Value Analysis/ Value Engineering & Cost Reduction projects.
Job Context :
Products - Geo Box, Technical, Technical Instruments, Scales, Stamp Pads, Writing Pads, Engg. Development for FA & Hobby, Scholastic products.
Key Responsibilities :
Functional Responsibilities :
- Leading projects on new and existing product development including conceptualization and design (including material specification) in the engineering products domain
- Leading design of plastic & metal parts
- Leading projects on cost reduction to ensure overall competitiveness of the products within the engineering products domain
- Maintain knowledge of competitor products by conducting competitor product analysis & bench marking
- Material specifications & product costing.
- Oversee the development, testing and approval of Prototypes of new or improved products in the engineering products domain
- Overseeing of Specification development.
- Leading Product design review & safety review (DR/SR)
- Lead the product design review and safety review of new or improved products in the engineering products domain
- Lead the identification and assessment of vendors for the new / improved products in the engineering products domain
- Conduct or oversee mold/Die tryout, approve the final mold design and oversee productionizing of molds/die
- Oversee the testing and approval of final product assembly of new products
- Provide Support to other department (M&P, Marketing, QA etc.) for engineering products related queries
Job Requirements :
Qualifications : B.E/B Tech. in Mechanical/Plastic/Polymer Engineering
Experience : 10-15 years
Functional Competencies :
- Product design & development (Plastic & Metal)
- Project management
- Manufacturing processes such as Plastic Injection Molding, Blow Molding, Extrusion, Sheet metal, Die casting.
- Problem solving competency
- Vendor Evaluation & development
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.