Lead - People Operations at Klub
Views:567 Applications:130 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Klub - Investment Manager (3-4 yrs)
Klub - Investment Manager
About Klub :
- Klub is India's leading Revenue Based Financing (RBF) marketplace providing growth capital to loved D2C and online consumer brands. Klub has facilitated 50+ investments in 40+ brands for recurring marketing, inventory, and capex spends across sectors like fashion, beauty & personal care, FMCG, ed-tech, F&B, and subscription businesses. RBF takes a revenue share as returns instead of equity dilution or fixed EMIs, making it ideal for a post-Covid financing ecosystem.
- Klub is backed by Surge, Sequoia Capital's accelerator program, EMVC Fintech Fund, 9Unicorns, and multiple angels including Naveen Tewari (InMobi) and Kunal Shah (Cred) among others.
About the role :
- Our Investment team lead will be responsible for analyzing all brands that are seeking revenue-based financing from Klub. You will work closely with the growth team to understand what the brands do and work on developing an investment thesis on them.
- The role provides an opportunity to develop a first-of-its-kind investment assessment paradigm for revenue-based financing in India and a leading investment thesis for Klub's different revenue-based financing products. You will work closely with our Head of Marketplace and our COO in this role. The opportunity is based out of Bangalore, India.
Key Responsibilities :
Investment Assessment :
- Assess brands that are seeking investments from Klub based on identified criteria
- Present analysis to IC with ownership on the investment approval process
- Contribute to the preparation of investment microsites for individual investments
- Iterate on Klub's proprietary investment scoring models:
- Identify alternate data sources beyond financial statements and implement them as a part of assessment criteria
- Identify relevant sub-sector criteria to score and rate investment opportunities internally
- Back-testing investment appraisal models at regular intervals to improve the same
- Drive automation of investment decisions:
- Automating appraisal mechanisms for all newly launched products and revisit the same for an existing product
Portfolio monitoring : Complementing appraisals with portfolio data analysis and portfolio monitoring at regular intervals
- 3-4 years of experience in roles that require assessing early-stage companies across Investment analysis for early-stage investing/micro VC/VC/venture debt/angel/seed funds, or investment research/investment banking for early-stage transactions, or similar backgrounds.
- Strong excel skills; Familiarity with advanced excel use cases
- Understanding of financial statements and related terminology
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Experience in preparing investment decks and reports
- Prior exposure to working on data-led models
- Proficiency in data analysis
- Working knowledge of VBA/SQL/similar programming languages for data analytics