HR - Talent Acquisition at Kinara Capital
Views:653 Applications:215 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Kinara Capital - Senior Data Scientist - Data Science & Business Intelligence Team (5-10 yrs)
About the company :
- Kinara Capital is a FinTech NBFC dedicated to driving Financial Inclusion in the MSME sector. Our mission is to transform lives, livelihoods, and local economies by providing fast and flexible loans without property collateral to small business entrepreneurs. Led by a women-majority management team, Kinara Capital values diversity and inclusion and fosters a collaborative working environment.
- Kinara Capital is the only company from India recognized globally by the World Bank/IFC with a gold award in 2019 as - Bank of the Year-Asia- for our innovative work in SME financing. Kinara Capital is an RBI-registered Systemically Important NBFC. Headquartered in Bangalore, we have 110 branches across Karnataka, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, and UT Puducherry with more than 1000 employees. https://kinaracapital.com/
Title : Senior Data Scientist
Team : Data Science and Business Intelligence Team
Role Description :
We are looking for a smart and experienced analytics manager who can lead a team of analysts to build and deploy predictive models to infuse core business functions with deep analytical insights. The Senior Data Scientist will also work closely with the Kinara management team to investigate strategically important business questions.
- Lead a team through the entire analytical life cycle:
- Define the problem statement
- Build and clean datasets
- Exploratory data analysis
- Feature engineering
- Apply ML algorithms and assess performance
- Codify for deployment
- Communicate Analysis to Stakeholders
- Manage Data Analysts and Data Scientists
Summary of Mindset, Skills, and Experience :
- You should be a deeply curious person with a lot of humility and aptitude in Math and Stats to go along with your technical skills. More specifically:
- Studies in Data Science/ Stats or other quantitative fields (CS, Eng, Math, Econ)
- 5+ years as an analytical professional role with 3+ years in a leadership role.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and data viz). English Fluency.
- Comfort with programming (eg Python), stats tools (Pandas or R) and SQL.
- Working knowledge of support tools and utilities (AWS, Git, Airflow, PySpark).
- Domain knowledge in Financial Services a big plus.
- Initiative, Energy, Bias for Action and a commitment to our social mission.
- Salary Salary for this position will be market competitive and commensurate with candidate's experience.