Senior TA at Khatabook
Views:289 Applications:57 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Khatabook - Payroll Manager (4-9 yrs)
The MSME sector...
Bharat has 60 Million MSMEs (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises). 90% of India's ~$1 Trillion Retail Market is controlled by a traditional/unorganized sector. Which means ~$900B worth of commerce flows through these ~60M MSMEs in the form of shops/warehouses/kiosks/homes, scattered all over the country.
Who we are and what we do...
Khatabook aims to build products that every MSME would use to run their business better.
We started with the business ledger, which saves 3- 4 hours for merchants per day by managing their credit, creating transparency in cash flow, and increasing trust with their consumers - solving a critical need for India's MSMEs.
We also empower merchants to collect payment digitally and help build their identity through offerings such as business cards.
What have we achieved so far...
Today more than a Million merchants are uploading data and engaging with the Khatabook app daily while adding $200 Million worth of transactions every day. The high engagement has resulted in more than 25% of the total active merchants joining the platform through word-of-mouth and referrals.
Play your role in making history...
KhataBook closed a $100 Million Series C Round by top investors during the COVID pandemic. India's MSMEs also showed their trust by the continued use of Khatabook in these troubled times. The Khatabook Team is now focussed on empowering them, by building the next-gen digital-first products that...
- Eases the management of capital cycles so that merchants can earn more money.
- Simplifies the acquisition and distribution of goods and smoothen the payments.
- Upskills merchants to run their businesses better.
- We are scouting for smart, obnoxiously talented, self- driven individuals excited about being part of one of India's fastest-growing startups.
- We are currently seeking a Payroll Specialist capable of handling all aspects of the payroll process. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing end to end payroll tasks maintaining a high level of accuracy. S/He is well versed with all the statutory compliances related to payroll and is proactive in understanding and implementing the various wage related amendments brought by the Govt time to time
- This role ensures that all stakeholders are kept informed, that the various and different payroll and related processes are administered appropriately; that assigned projects are delivered within scope, schedule, budget and quality, and accuracy levels are consistent with expectations.
- Ensure timely processing of payroll with 100% accuracy
- Input, review, and audit timekeeping and other payroll related records
- Process advance, termination and other out-of-cycle payments
- Reconcile earnings and deduction totals
- Prepare and file tax reports
- Compile payroll data for management, auditors, and others
- Document procedures
- Assure that all employees receive timely responses to inquiries, questions, etc.
- Independently coordinate and communicate with all internal groups, hiring managers, and external parties (as required).
- Address and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Understand gap in existing process and suggest improvements to make the process robust
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
- Minimum 4 years of experience in managing payrolls of a headcount of at least 2000.
- Demonstrated proficiency in payroll and HRIS software, Microsoft Office Suite, and other databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should have experience in running payroll on inhouse software or HRIS
- Strong analytical, high attention to detail, excellent troubleshooting skills, and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed and think and act independently while also being team oriented
- Good follow-up skills; the ability to understand; adaptability to process changes; and a strong sense of importance and ownership