Karkinos - Manager - Logistics (2-5 yrs)
1. Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice logistics vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
2. Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service along with Monitoring the quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs.
3. Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers. Recommend optimal transport modes, routes or frequency.
4. Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports. Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
5. Take control of packaging and labelling and provide appropriate, cost effective, high quality solutions.
6. Ensure compliance with import/export regulations/customs regulations and legal and health and safety requirements.
7. Report the inventory and raise the PO as needed.
8. Support new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings and change process. Ensure effective logistics implementation takes place relating to the changes
9. Ensure metrics, reports, and process documentation is available
10. Interpret trends and analyze and review data. Provide meaningful logistics data to others in the organization to aid customer service and cost improvements
- Graduation / Post Graduation in business, logistics, operations engineering, supply chain management or similar degree areas (with adequate work experience in logistics field).
Relevant Work Experience:
1. 2 to 5 years of experience working in the logistics field. Experience in working more than one area of logistics, such as warehousing or transportation, is a plus.
2. Prior experience of working in logistics/supply chain/transportation function within the community service with a comprehensive knowledge of logistics processes and procedures.
3. Expert knowledge of technical regulations related to logistics such as import/export and customs regulations, including security requirements to include certification in biological sample handling and aviation security.
4. Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including knowledge and understanding of specialist systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and advanced Excel.
5. Strong client-facing and internal communication skills.
6. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.