Kalpataru - Center Manager - Retail (12-20 yrs)
Job Description :
Position/Designation : Center Manager
Department : Retail
Reports to : Retail Head
Location : Mumbai
Experience Required : 12 years - 20 years
Objective of the Role : Profit Centre Head for one mall
Key Result Areas :
Mall Profitability :
a. Impacting the revenues and the profits of the mall
Customers & Marketing :
a. Creating & Implementing Tenant & Shopper acquisition and retention strategies in a competitive environment
b. Developing & Implementing Brand and Marketing frameworks along with Corp Marketing team
People & Community :
a. Providing leadership to the Mall employees, internal and outsourced
b. Building lasting relationships with the community and acting as a goodwill ambassador
a. Development and implementation of processes to achieve the above.
b. Ensure adherence to corporate governance and ethical norms of the company.
Roles & Responsibilities :
Retailer Planning, organizing and Formatting :
- Assessing impact of Tenant Mix on buying behaviour of target shoppers.
- Preparing an Ideal Tenant Mix and measuring performance of Actual Tenant Mix.
- Understanding of Retailing Format and its implication on Mall design.
- Infrastructural needs of Retailers.
- Understanding of performance parameters of Retailer category.
Mall Operations :
- Understanding of CAM issues.
- Operations of Utilities and access for CAM.
- Mall Safety issues.
- Awareness of the back-office functions of the business.
- Understanding parking and shoppers access requirements of Mall.
Understanding dynamics of Retail Market :
- Tracking Retail Brands and their Image.
- Performance of Key Retailers.
- Emergence of new Brands / Players in the market.
- Emergence of new Retail Formats.
- Lease rent trends, and their viability for different Retailer categories.
Relationships with Anchors and key Retail Partners :
- Relationship management strategy for key Retailers.
- Key parameters tracking.
- Continuous tracking of Retailer Needs and Mall Features.
- Management and strengthening of Anchor relationships.
Evaluation and closure of Lease Deals :
- Evaluate Lease Offers, negotiate terms and rentals, and close the lease deals within the shortest possible time.
- Include performance-based terms for terminating and extending lease agreements.
- Conduct a review of leases and market annually to ascertain economic changes, which may present opportunities to renegotiate lease contracts and improve realization.
Understanding Mall Zoning issues :
- Understanding of lifestyle values of target shoppers that impact the retail environment.
- Knowledge of - Winning Shopping Centre Design- and retail structuring within them.
- Impact of Mall Zoning on target Retailers.
- Analyzing and evaluating ongoing Business Performance.
- Managing the business planning & budgeting process.
- Timely and accurate reporting of Mall performance.
Store Design :
- Space needs for various Retailing categories.
- Understanding of Retailing Presentation Issues: Lighting, Fixturing, Windows & Display, Signage.
- Merchandising requirements & solutions.
- Storefronts trends, Fit-out guidelines, Tenant Co-ordination.
Project Management :
- Project Planning, Scheduling & Control techniques
- Knowledge of MS Project for Project monitoring
- Principles of Project costing and control, Project Quality
Relationship with External Environment : Management of external environment for the smooth running of Mall
- Establish best in class practices for the safety of Shoppers, and employees of Mall, Retailers, and contractors
- Establish systems for Fire and Safety Management.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.