HR at K A Hospitality
Views:956 Applications:232 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:40
KA Hospitality - General Manager - Finance & Accounts (8-13 yrs)
KA HOSPITALITY PRIVATE LIMITED :
Job Description :
A. Job Outline
Title : General Manager - Finance & Accounts Code: - F&A/L05/01
Department : Accounts, Finance & Legal
Job Level : L5
Unit : RSC
Location : Mumbai
Reports to : Group Finance Head / Executive Director
Supervises : Supervises Accounts, Finance & Legal Team
Working Context : KA Hospitality Pvt. Ltd. operates International restaurant franchises as well as owned brands in multiple cities across India
Job Purpose Summary :
- Developing high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives of the company
- Leading and motivating subordinates to advance employee engagement develop a high performing managerial team
- Overseeing all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
Key areas of responsibility :
- Manage complete Accounting, Finance and Legal function of the organisation
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company's legality and business ethics
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial and operational management
- Excellent service skills
- Must possess a strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with an appropriate sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Act with integrity
- Communicate effectively
- Always Proactive
Job Qualifications :
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Minimum 8 years of full-time work experience (Similar Industry experience will be preferred)
Key Areas of Responsibility :
- Each area of responsibility requires a number of actions to take place for their successful outcome.
The following actions are indicative and may vary/evolve as needed. Responsibilities include but not limited to the following :
1. Main Duties & Responsibilities
Bookkeeping and Accounting :
- Ensuring books of accounts kept in accordance to the applicable law and as per accounting standards, accounting practices generally followed across industry
- Timely scrutiny of books of accounts.
- Ensuring expenses and revenues are booked with proper narration, proper expenses and income heads with due compliance has followed while booking of expenses and revenue of invoices i.e. TDS properly deducted, Input credit properly taken, VAT payment and Input credits etc.
Statutory Compliances :
- Handling Audits & Scrutiny: statutory audit, Tax audit, VAT audit, department audits and department scrutiny.
- Timely payments of all applicable taxes: TDS, Goods & Service Tax, VAT, labour Taxes (PF, ESIC, LWF).
- Filing of TDS return, Goods & Service Tax Return, VAT Return and annual income tax returns.
- Tax planning and payment of advance taxes.
- Filing of annual RBI Return and ROC returns.
- Ensuring applicable compliance under ROC, RBI, FEMA and DGFT.
- Ensure for Tax and other department assessment and scrutiny.
- Preparing of MIS, reporting in a timely manner with decided frequency and with 100% accuracy.
- Prepare and present Budgets to the Management.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Lead the budgeting and planning process including long term strategic plans and annual operating plan.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
Audit and Internal Control :
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place.
- Coordinating with internal, statutory auditor, VAT Auditor, Income Tax Auditor to ensure audit as per deadline and without any qualifications and adverse remarks in the audit report.
- Solving internal audit queries and ensuring process improvement with effective and correctness.
- Implementation of internal controls in accounting systems for revenue assurance and realisation, Purchase, Expenses.
- Ensure reporting compliance under ICFR.
- Banking & Treasury and Cash-flow Management
- Ensuring term loan and interest due are paid in a timely manner and checking of charges levied by bankers.
- Cash Flow and treasury management as per revenue and expenditure
- Banking compliances
- Financial planning for projects and utilization of funds.
- Dealing & Liaisoning with the Bank / Finance Institutions for the existing credit facilities, further credit facilities for the future expansions of the group. Evaluate financing options and select the most appropriate one for the company's needs.
- Ensuring all sales collection has been realised, taxes has been levied as per the applicable law.
- Ensuring debtors are collected in a timely manner and not beyond 7 days in case of BOH and not beyond 30 days in case of sponsorship debtors.
- Checking monitoring of EDC, CMS, credit card charges and other charges levied by the bank.
- Ensure voucher inventory, settlement and accounting of voucher realisation
- Ensure city ledger report sent to unit for recovery on a weekly basis.
- Ensure Bank reconciliation statement on everyday basis.
- Ensuring creditors are paid on a timely manner and creditors are paid as per agreed credit terms and capex payments as per schedule from Project team.
- Ensure Ageing to be sent to Procurement team for payment planning and treasury management.
- Ensure creditors balances are correct and reconciliation of creditors ledger.
- All due date related payment to be paid on or before due dates i.e. Water, Electricity, Rental, Utilities, CAM, Telephone, Royalty etc.
- Ensure timely accounting.
Legal and Secretarial :
- Review of Notice and Agenda, Minutes, Attendance Register of Board Meetings, including all Committee Meetings, Extraordinary General Meeting (EOGM), Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Ensure preparation of Board packs for the Board meetings of the company
- Ensure preparing director declaration u/s 164 and disclosure u/s 184 of the act
- Ensure maintaining Minutes Book of the Company;
- Ensure maintaining physical and scan copies of the Statutory Documents of the Company;
- Ensure drafting of Director's Report;
- Ensure filing of Annual Filing Forms i.e. AOC-4 and MG7
- Ensure drafting of Contract, Land & property documentation, MOUs, Power of attorney etc.
- Ensure vetting of legal notices, loan agreements, Intellectual Property matters, Confidentiality Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Ensure application for Trade Mark Registration, drafting of Notice for contesting opposition for the Protection of Trademark in case of Unlawful use of Trademark.
- Ensure proper drafting and vetting of Agency / FRANCHISE Agreements for international market.
- Ensure apply and procure new licenses and renew old licenses.
- Ensuring functional allocation of staff to achieve effective results.
- Implementation of accounting systems and accounting as per changes in statutory requirements.
- Effective allocation work among team for effective results and full utilisation of efficiency.
- Coaching, counsels and disciplines to staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Regular communication with staff and maintain good relations
- Planning of surplus fund in better options for more interest benefits
- Banking compliance on periodical and regular manner i.e. documentations for renewal of term loans, quarterly reports etc.
- Obtaining SIES license from DGFT.
- Timely renewal of all insurance i.e. Property, GCL, Mediclaim and Accidental.
- Timely renewals of all applicable licenses for all restaurants.
- Remittance of foreign payment of services and purchases.
- Compliance of Bill of Entries
- Ensure correct processing of salary and payment thereof.
- Represent the Company with Investment bankers and investors.
- To review & analysis of existing system and implementation of further improvements. Participate in technology up gradation in the organization & process for the coordination between internal & external Departments.
- Timely recording and reconciliation of Fixed Assets and ensure proper tagging of assets
- Ensuring proper procedures are followed for Transfer and Discard of Assets
General Duties :
- To understand completely & conform to all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs of the company
- To report for duty punctually wearing appropriate attire
- To be fully conversant with the geographical layout of the operation and to know the exact whereabouts of all equipment of an operational nature
- To maintain high standards of personal appearance and hygiene at all times
- Follow clean-as-you-go policy and keep work area clean at all times.
- Sign acceptance for any assets provided by the company for execution of tasks assigned. The assets need to be handled with care and shall be returned in good condition to the company before leaving the organization and pay for any loss or damage of said asset.
- To maintain a good rapport / working relationship with Units, RSC and all other departments and suppliers
- To provide courteous, professional, attentive and efficient service towards internal & external customers
- To attend and contribute in all meetings, briefings and other related activities
- To respond to any changes in the organization as directed
- Be willing and open to transfer across our formats as per work exigencies
- Be open to cross functional training /movement at all times
- To carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Above areas, responsibility and activities reflect the items considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job