Research Analyst at Finvest Advisor
Views:920 Applications:195 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:157
K N Shah & Associates - Senior Equity Research Analyst (10-20 yrs)
Background: We are buyside fund, investing in equity capital market. Our research is fundamentally driven, and we track all sectors with a bottom-up process. We expect a candidate with an analytical bent of mind who is ethical, good with numbers, hardworking and is driven to succeed in the field of Equity Research.
- Keep track of critical news on a daily basis, and have the ability to know their material impact on fund portfolio.
- Be ready to work on multiple companies and sectors simultaneously.
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative research of trends in specific industry groups, companies
- Analyzes data and creates, updates, and maintains financial models to assist in formulating opinions or findings on securities
- Prepare written research and strategy reports that summarize analysis findings including estimates of expected current year business results
- Continues to develop sources of research information on topics covered
- Manages development of materials regarding industry, company, or security trend analysis findings for internal or external presentation
- Maintain research records
- Required recommendations on purchase, sale, or holding of individual companies
- Initiate alpha ideas
- Initiate coverage of new companies; Quarterly updates of existing companies during earnings season.
- Attend AGMs/Conferences and meet company management;
- Candidate must have communication skills to procure right information from management, and form an unbiased, fundamentally sound opinion.
- CA, CFA MBA or a relevant post graduation
Required Experience and Skills:
- 10 years plus experience in equity markets, covering a variety of sectors
- Strong analytical and accounting skills; ability to analyze industries / sub sectors and stocks and use appropriate stock valuation tools Proficiency in MS Excel and financial modelling, strong financial and valuation concepts (DCF, relative, SoTP)
- Proficient at using MS Excel and MS word