Associate Consultant at HuQuo
Views:584 Applications:144 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Junior Modeler - Decision Analytics - Insurance (4-7 yrs)
- Research, analyze, and present data as assigned.
- Develop statistical models most likely forecasting models in SAS
- Provide Business recommendations using insurance Distribution business knowledge and Modeling outcomes
- Able to identify and explain deviation in normal trends and data anomalies
- Develop detailed codes for data preparation and model scoring to be used in production.
- Prepare detailed documentation of models and make oral presentations to team lead.
- Run weekly, monthly reports as part of BAU work
- Assist in learning and development of new team members.
- Critically examine and deep dive into models.
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with Data Privacy and Protection Guidelines.
- Complete understanding of the current state of affairs and problem statement
- Experience in data extraction and data manipulation in SAS.
- Good experience with Excel
- In-depth data analysis like identifying major trends, univariate and bi-variate analysis.
- Importing, merging and appending different datasets, joins in SAS.
- Complete understanding of SAS functions like- Procedures and SAS macros
- Building forecasting models in SAS
- Experience in data control and data automation.
- Knowledge of insurance domain (preferably)in marketing/customer/distribution analytics.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors/Master's degree in economics, mathematics, computer science/engineering, operations research or related analytics areas; candidates with BA/BS degrees in the same fields from the top tier academic institutions are also welcome to apply
- 4+ years experience in data analytics (modelling), preferably in insurance.
- Strong and in-depth understanding of statistical concepts.
- Data analysis experience and model development experience.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work in fast pace continuously evolving environment and ready to take up uphill challenges.
- Is able to understand cross cultural differences and can work with clients across the globe.