JSW Ventures - Associate - Venture Capital/Investment Research - Fund Managers LLP (2-3 yrs)
Associate - JSW Ventures Fund Managers LLP
About JSW Ventures
- JSW Ventures is an early-stage tech focused Venture Capital fund based in Mumbai.
- We believe that technology drives innovation and innovation creates the future. We are enthusiastic about disruptive trends led by technology that are shaping the way businesses and customers consume products and services and interact with each other. The select pool of high quality entrepreneurial talent coupled with the capacity to transform existing systems and processes is driving the growth in this space.
- We invest in businesses developing solutions (products / services) for solving problems in large and high growth markets. We support the dreams of passionate entrepreneurs using technology to build scalable, capital efficient businesses. The sectors of interest include SaaS, enterprise software, financial services, consumer platforms and health tech.
- We extend our partnership not just through capital but a commitment to build exceptional companies. Leveraging our core strengths, we actively support and add value to our companies through but not limited to developing growth strategies, improving financial functions, providing access to investor community and support from extensive JSW group resources.
- JSW Ventures is looking for an Associate who will be responsible for sourcing, executing, and closing venture capital transactions to build a portfolio
- The Associate will identify investment opportunities as well as provide operational support to the fund and portfolio companies
- Identify the trends in technology sector and build a steady pipeline of new prospects basis the investment thesis
- Identify any new investment opportunities based on market and competitor analysis
- Source new early stage investments, including meeting founders and entrepreneurs
- Source investment opportunities, both directly and through a network of contacts at universities, VCs, incubators, accelerators, etc.
- Represent the fund at events and conferences
Analysis & Investment Execution :
- Understand the business and industry in detail and prepare financial model, conduct valuation analysis and prepare other deal documents of the company
- Conduct a product analysis, understand the product and technology development capabilities of the company, ability to execute on the product roadmap and future competitive edge.
- Perform diligence on potential investments to validate the business opportunity for financial returns
- Evaluate long and short term fund requirements of companies
- Analyze financial ratios to understand the financial health of the company
- Coordinate the DD and deal execution process
Investment Management & Reporting:
- Actively involved in monitoring portfolio companies including financial and operating performance, strategic value-add in steering portfolio companies, preparation of periodic reports and implementing exit strategies
- Nurture new and existing portfolio companies, including facilitating contacts for the companies
- Develop and deliver periodic reports for portfolio review of the fund
- Oversee and be responsible for certain accounts, finance and compliance functions of the fund
Educational Background and Work Experience
- MBA with preferred specialization in finance / strategic management
- 2-3 years of post-MBA experience in consulting organizations like BCG, Bain, McKinsey
- Business perspective / acumen
- Drive to find and invest in exceptional businesses and working with them to create large companies
- Strong understanding of financial statements and excellent excel skills
- Ownership & drive for results
- Customer focus
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Proficient at Excel
- Effective & open communication
- Strong excel and financial modeling skills
Key Success Factors:
- Skilled performer with strong research, problem solving, and time management skills along with the ability to multi task
Human Resources Business Partner