JSW Group - Analyst - Venture Capital Fund - CA (1-3 yrs)
- Looking for a professional for a Venture Capital fund who will be responsible for sourcing investments in technology and brings a strong understanding of product and technology to build and help the portfolio
- The Analyst will follow the key trends in various sub-sectors of technology, identify sectors/themes of interest and analyze the product/tech capabilities of potential investee companies on an absolute as well as relative (vis-vis the competition) basis
- Identify the trends in various sectors through primary and secondary research and build a steady pipeline of new prospects basis the investment thesis
- Identify any new investment opportunities based on market and competitor analysis, attend industry hackathons, dev days, conferences, etc
- Source new early stage investments, including meeting founders and entrepreneurs
- Source investment opportunities, both directly and through a network of contacts at universities, VCs, incubators, accelerators, etc.
Analysis & Investment Execution
- Understand the tech stack, product suite, technical differentiation and any product/tech related moat of companies
- Map out the competitive landscape, domestically and globally, for companies providing similar products/services
- Perform diligence on the tech capabilities and devise the road-map required to sustain the competitive advantage, if any
- Conduct technical due-diligence
Investment Management & Reporting
- Actively involved in monitoring portfolio companies including financial and operating performance, strategic value-add in steering portfolio companies, helping them on tech/product development, and preparation of periodic reports
- Nurture new and existing portfolio companies, including facilitating contacts for the companies
- Develop and deliver periodic reports for portfolio review of the fund
- BS / B. Tech. / B.E.
- 1-3 years of experience in areas like product management, strategy & consulting (technology) or having founded/worked with a startup
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.