Associate Consultant - Talent Acquisition at JPMorgan Chase
Views:2298 Applications:431 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:49
JPMorgan Chase - Macroeconomic & Political Economist - Country Risk Management Group (0-10 yrs)
JPMorgan Chase & co. (JPMorgan) is one of the world's leading financial services firms and investment banks with deep client relationships and product capabilities, serving 8,000 clients in more than 100 countries. Our clients are corporations, financial institutions, governments and institutional investors worldwide. Our global client franchise is one of many features that differentiate JPMorgan from our banking peers.
The Country Risk Management group is an independent risk management function which works in close partnership with other risk functions to identify and monitor country risk within the Firm. Country Risk Management is part of Corporate Risk Management, reporting to the firm's Chief Risk Officer.
Country Risk Management is responsible for the following:
- Analyzing economic and political risks the firm faces as a result of its activities worldwide and assigning internal sovereign credit ratings to countries to which the firm has exposure.
- Measuring and monitoring country risk exposure and stress across the Firm
- Managing country limits and reporting trends and limit breaches to senior management
- Developing surveillance tools for early identification of potential country risk concerns
- Providing country risk scenario analysis
- Developing guidelines and policies consistent with a comprehensive country risk framework
The qualified candidate will be joining the Country Risk Analysis and Management team, with a focus on country analysis and risk management.
Primary responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare macroeconomic and political analysis reports on governments around the world, including recommendations on internal country ratings
- Actively monitor economic, political and market developments in selected countries
- Research specific economics-themed topics
- Provide input on the development and enhancement of the country risk framework, including risk assessment tools, measurements and analysis
- Communicate views to internal clients both verbally and in writing (which might include investment bankers, credit executives, relationship managers etc.)
- Potentially review and assess the impact of large and/or complex deals on country limit usage
- Work on ad hoc projects as required covering risk issues for Country Risk Management globally
- Keen interest in financial markets and macroeconomics/politics. Ideally this would be reflected in a strong academic background in macroeconomics, international relations, politics or finance and/or prior experience in risk, capital markets or macroeconomic research
- Strong numeracy skills are required
- Pro-active attitude, intellectually curious, creative and self-motivated
- Excellent attention to detail and diligent at following up on issues
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational and project management skills; ability to structure and scope complex problems
- Team-oriented with ability to work in small teams including across several time zones and cultures
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point