HR at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Views:417 Applications:75 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
JPMorgan Chase - Associate/Legal Counsel - Wealth Management - Front Office Legal Support (3-9 yrs)
Job Overview :
- Associate and Legal Counsel - EMEA & APAC WM Front Office Legal Support
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
- The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co (- JPMC- ) is responsible for providing legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally conform to the Corporation's lines of business (- LOBs- ) and corporate staff areas, allowing the legal staff to work closely with specific groups on a daily basis.
- J.P. Morgan Asset and Wealth Management (AWM) is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. AWM serves distinct client groups globally through multiple businesses: institutional and retail clients through Asset Management (AM), and high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth clients through Wealth Management (WM), which includes the Private Bank. AWM offers global investment management in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity and liquidity. AWM also provides trust and estate, banking, and brokerage services to high net worth clients, and retirement services for corporations and individuals.
- JPMorgan's Legal Department supporting JPMorgan's EMEA & APAC WM business seeks an experienced lawyer to join the team. The EMEA & APAC WM Office of General Counsel (OGC) provides legal support to the Firm's wealth management businesses. The team is responsible for advising the firm's client-facing wealth management business. Such legal support will primarily concern laws within EMEA and APAC. The successful candidate will support the areas listed above and work closely with colleagues on the EMEA & APAC WM Legal team, Compliance, Controls and Risk to ensure comprehensive and effective support.
Job Responsibilities :
- Provide general support to lawyers servicing WM EMEA and APAC.
- Review, draft and advise on account documentation, including powers of attorney, non-disclosure agreements, trust agreements, entity authority documents (e.g. corporate resolutions, by-laws, partnership agreements), estate documentation (e.g. death certificates, wills), and retirement account documents.
- Provide legal support in connection with account opening processes, legal review of inter-affiliate and third party outsourcing arrangements.
- Drafting or editing certain customer facing communications.
- Assist with completing legal and market research, and assisting senior team members with a wide range of business requests and regulatory projects.
- Updating account agreements, customer-facing documents, and disclosures, including reviewing legal requirements for new provisions.
- Working on special projects outside of normal responsibilities.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with excellent English writing and oral communication skills.
- Law degree and membership in jurisdictional organization. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in legal practice.
- Excellent legal research skills. Experience with Westlaw or similar services preferred.
- A team player who can collaborate and communicate effectively with attorneys and other business and compliance professionals.
- Strong analytical thinker who is detail-oriented, practical and skilled at issue spotting and problem solving.
- Self-starter who is able to work collaboratively in a high performing team, takes ownership of responsibilities and projects, is results-oriented and flexible.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced, complex business environment and maintain communication with attorneys regarding project status and estimated completion timelines.
- Competence with the suite of Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Excel.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal Department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- LLM preferred.
- Knowledge of EMEA and/or APAC financial service law and process preferred.
- Knowledge of other European or Chinese languages is a plus.
- Experience studying or working in a common law jurisdiction.