HR at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Views:211 Applications:35 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
JPMorgan Chase - Associate/Legal Counsel - Asset & Wealth Management - Cross Border Team - Jurisdiction (3-8 yrs)
Associate and Legal Counsel - AWM Cross Border Team
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
- The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co (- JPMC- ) is responsible for providing legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally conform to the Corporation's lines of business (- LOBs- ) and corporate staff areas, allowing the legal staff to work closely with specific groups on a daily basis.
- J.P. Morgan Asset and Wealth Management (AWM) is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. AWM serves distinct client groups globally through multiple businesses: institutional and retail clients through Asset Management (AM), and high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth clients through Wealth Management (WM), which includes the Private Bank. AWM offers global investment management in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity and liquidity. AWM also provides trust and estate, banking, and brokerage services to high net worth clients, and retirement services for corporations and individuals.
- JPMorgan's Legal Department seeks an experienced lawyer to support its Cross Border efforts, focusing primarily on reviewing and analyzing legal opinions related to cross border asset and wealth management product and service delivery. The selected candidate will support efforts to drive documentation of cross border laws and regulations, and to communicate related requirements to the business.
- First review of new draft cross border memorandum and legal opinions and facilitate regular update of existing cross border memorandum (CBMs) and legal opinions (Opinions).
- Engage with external counsel, Compliance, AWM lawyers and other stakeholders to source feedback on CBMs and Opinions.
- Field basic queries from Compliance concerning the use and content of CBMs/Opinions and fact-specific queries.
- Act as first point of contact in the Legal Department for assistance in advising on potential CBM issues.
- Provide regular feedback to the AWM business and cross border forums on pending reviews and drafting summaries of updates.
- Conduct additional research and assist on special projects as needed.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with excellent English writing and communication skills.
- Law degree and membership in jurisdictional organization. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- Sufficiently well qualified to interpret and summarize external legal advice and articulate rules of the road for the business.
- Self-starter who is able to work collaboratively in a high performing team, takes ownership of responsibilities and projects, is results-oriented and flexible.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced, complex business environment and maintain communication with attorneys regarding project status and estimated completion timelines.
- Competence with the suite of Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Excel.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal Department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- LLM preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in financial services law.
- Experience instructing and interacting with external counsel directly
- Experience working across jurisdictions and time zones.