HR at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Views:270 Applications:42 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
JPMorgan Chase - Associate/Legal Counsel - Asset Management Distribution & Client Document Support (3-9 yrs)
Job Overview :
- Associate and Legal Counsel - Distribution and Client Document Support
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
- The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co (- JPMC- ) is responsible for providing legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally conform to the Corporation's lines of business (- LOBs- ) and corporate staff areas, allowing the legal staff to work closely with specific groups on a daily basis.
- J.P. Morgan Asset and Wealth Management (AWM) is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. AWM serves distinct client groups globally through multiple businesses: institutional and retail clients through Asset Management (AM), and high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth clients through Wealth Management (WM), which includes the Private Bank. AWM offers global investment management in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity and liquidity. AWM also provides trust and estate, banking, and brokerage services to high net worth clients, and retirement services for corporations and individuals.
- JPMorgan's Legal Department seeks an experienced lawyer to support its AM Legal team in EMEA and APAC, focusing primarily on reviewing and analyzing asset management distribution and client documentation. The selected candidate will support efforts to drive documentation of asset management, and to communicate related requirements to the AM business.
Location and Reporting Lines:
The location of this position is Mumbai, India, at the J.P. Morgan Mumbai Corporate Centre (- MCC- ) functionally reporting to the EMEA Head of AM Funds in the United Kingdom, and to a local supervisor at the MCC.
- Reviewing and drafting client onboarding documentation, including distribution agreements for investment funds, account opening documents, investment management agreements, non-disclosure agreements and power of attorneys.
- Assist with negotiating the above agreements.
- Assist AM Legal and the business side with the regular update and maintenance of AM agreement templates.
- Engage with external counsel, Compliance, LOB lawyers and other stakeholders to source and coordinate feedback where necessary.
- Act as first point of contact in the Legal Department for assistance in advising on AM business issues in relation to distribution and client documentation.
- Conduct additional legal and market research and assist on special projects as needed.
- Help ensure implementation of AM mandatory on-boarding requirements across AM contract population.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with excellent English writing and communication skills.
- Law degree and membership in jurisdictional organization. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in legal practice.
- Excellent legal research skills. Experience with Westlaw or similar services preferred.
- A team player who can collaborate and communicate effectively with attorneys and other business and compliance professionals.
- Strong analytical thinker who is detail-oriented, practical and skilled at issue spotting and problem solving.
- Self-starter who is able to work collaboratively in a high performing team, takes ownership of responsibilities and projects, is results-oriented and flexible.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced, complex business environment and maintain communication with attorneys regarding project status and estimated completion timelines.
- Competence with the suite of Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Excel.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal Department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- LLM preferred.
- Knowledge of EMEA and/or APAC financial service law and process preferred.
- Knowledge of other European or Chinese languages is a plus.