Assistant Vice President - Human Resources at JP Morgan
Views:4056 Applications:211 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
JP Morgan - Vice President - Financial Reporting (12-18 yrs)
The JP Morgan Financial Reporting Team manage the production and review of annual and interim financial statements for a wide range of hedge and mutual fund clients. This Financial Reporting Team take direct responsibility for the production, review and delivery of financial statements of and related accounting/portfolio information for key clients. This role involves participation in the production and review from a detailed and quality perspective of both statutory and regulatory reports.
The Financial Reporting VP will be responsible for providing direction and leadership in coordinating and monitoring financial reporting activities to ensure on time and accurate creation, review and delivery of financial statements, client and regulatory reports. Work with partners and local senior management to ensure all deliverables are met on time and as per agreed service level agreements and regulatory deadlines. To manage team of 30+ through 3-4 Associates who would be directly reporting to the VP.
The candidate should have 10+ years or more experience in a fund accounting/ financial reporting/financial statement audit environment and will have experience in financial statement preparation & review from both a detail and quality perspective including the application of IFRS and US GAAP. The candidate should ideally have experience in the management of large teams and should be a CA /CPF/MBA (Finance).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading the team and providing guidance to Associates and staff on treatment of complex financial transactions in a post NAV scenario to ensure proper identification in financial statements and responsible for delivering it accurately on time. Financial reporting will consist of Portfolio of Investments and Financial statements for Mutual/hedge funds under various GAAP (US GAAP/ IFRS/ UK SORP)
- Oversee and manage end to end audit planning with extended internal teams and partner locations globally & understand financial reporting product offerings & client SLA requirements
- Perform final quality and analytical review of financial statements including number & note disclosures to a standard required for external client delivery
- Expected to be completely hands on while overseeing the production of the Fund's quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports to partners that are filed with the regulators along with be-spoke client & regulatory reporting
- Acting as the primary contact for inquiries from partner sites / clients requests and ad hoc projects on financial reporting issues & ensure MIS and escalations are completed in a timely manner to senior management team locally and in partner sites
- While running risk and control agenda, to actively participate in audits with multiple departments and responding to internal and external inquiries
- Assisting in developing and adjusting department procedures, systems enhancements and achieving department's efficiency goals apart from maintain and tracking SLA- s/KPI and provide updates in governance calls
- Coaching, developing and mentoring staff including formal objective setting, performance reviews and providing ongoing and regular feedback
- To establish rapport and work with local and global senior management teams across multiple geographies to drive various technology & operations projects
- To be part of and drive all the people related initiatives to be able to eventually manage process and client level management
- Manage team meetings and run problem solving and idea sessions around change
Skills & Experience:
- Preferably qualified Chartered Accountant / MBA finance having at least 10 years of experience in Financial Services industry / (financial reporting activities / Fund accounting/ Audit ) in a service delivery model.
- Strong technical understanding of the investment industry including an overview of various regulatory requirements and accounting standards, in particular, US GAAP & IFRS & AIFMD
- Strong attention to detail in review of financial statements and other documentation for external reporting
- Exceptional leadership and staff development skills with prior team management experience.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills ideally with project and program management experience and a demonstrated track record of project delivery.
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to anticipate issues and aggressively drive initiatives to achieve results.
- Ability to initiate and drive change (previous track record of managing change).
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization with the ability to work under pressure and to tight timeframes.
- Control focus with a thorough understanding of operational risk.
- Detailed knowledge of business processes and procedures as well as service and systems (including downstream impacts)
- Engage, track and see to fruition a - strengthen our base/up-skill our current workforce- training agenda.
- Meticulous planning ability so as to manage the client delivery expectations.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.