HR Consultant at JP Morgan
Views:1934 Applications:236 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
JP Morgan - Vice President - AML Investigations - Global Financial Crimes Compliance (14-16 yrs)
JP Morgan - Vice President - AML - Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC)
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment Banking, Financial Services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) team is part of JPMorgan's Global Risk and Compliance organization.
- The GFCC organization has over 1,900 professionals across the world. The team is responsible for developing the requirements and standards for the Firm's Enterprise-Wide Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions Programs. GFCC is comprised of eight core functions, aligned with the businesses and regional teams. The core functions are Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Investigations & List Screening.
- GFCC personnel work cooperatively with the other global functions and businesses to identify, assess and quantify the level of risk associated with the firm's products, services, customers, transactions and geographic locations to develop appropriate policies, procedures, and processes to monitor, control and mitigate the associated risks.
- The Alerts Vice president position is part of the firm's India AML Investigations team. The team dispositions alerts consistent with the Global AML Standards, provides an initial assessment of potential Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing as well as other nefarious activity and recommends alerts for escalation and further review or closure as false positives
- The successful candidate will manage a 24+ person team, is experienced in developing staff and can motivate team members to hit processing targets while improving upon work product quality.
- In addition, the successful candidate is a team player that can collaborate with other team members, possesses strong analytical skills and is adaptable and able to thrive in an evolving environment.
- In addition, the candidate needs to demonstrate banking and Compliance knowledge, the ability to exercise sound judgment and to observe the highest degree of confidentiality in handling of information received in the course of their responsibilities.
In this Vice President role, the individual will report directly to the Hyderabad GFCC Lead
- Lead and drive the continued and ongoing build out of the India AML Transaction monitoring team, identifying areas that need change to improve the daily output of the team.
- Direct oversight of 24+ person team, ensuring that the throughput of work is to the required standards expected.
- Ensure timeliness of Audit, Regulatory and Controls Evaluation requests from the hub are adhered to
- Ensure Alert SLAs are managed appropriately and adhered to at all times
- Manage the group ensuring the team properly collect and document data, including alerting activity, account information, transactional data, KYC information, politically exposed person (PEP) status, adverse media as well as counterparty and any other required information to assist in the investigation
- Regularly evaluate Alert Analysts analysis of alerts for proper identification of AML, Terrorist Financing (TF), Human Trafficking and other red flags to assess whether escalation or closure with no further action decisions are accurate
- Build relationships with AML Investigations units and effectively communicate and transfer information for case investigations
- Coaching and mentoring of the Team Leads and Core Processing Analysts on a daily basis.
- Documenting and escalation of any issues and concerns to the AML Senior Management.
- Understanding of all the risk and controls partners (Quality Assurance, Quality Testing, Controls and the Controls Evaluation process as it pertains to the team. Execution of any expected work.
- Develop excellent relationships with the other AML Transaction monitoring Locations across APAC, EMEA and North America
- Proactively gather and coordinate any changes to the firms AML policies / processes with Compliance or LOB Operations and AML-Transaction monitoring.
- Participate or lead other AML Transaction monitoring or LOB aligned initiatives as necessary.
- Detailed knowledge / subject matter expertise of AML processes, Technology, Case Management and products / services.
- Expected to understand and learn the existing procedures in place and then help with the training execution for expansion and build out of Hyderabad.
- Occasional travel and overtime may be required.
- 14-16 plus years experience in the Financial Services industry with a demonstrated track-record of delivery and/or relevant experience in Compliance- AML Transaction monitoring
- Outstanding client management, partnership building, leadership and direct experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders at one time
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues and senior management
- Strong relationship building skills to influence/negotiate desired outcomes
- Ability to deep-dive and investigate issues to see a successful resolution
- Experience with the build out and execution of a new team or procedures, ability to identify risks and issues and successfully navigate through to completion
- Strong leader who has experience with managing medium to large teams in an operational environment, able to show direction and guidance on a regular basis
- Proven track record of ongoing coaching, educating and directing a team, ideally has experience with leading a new team where there is limited knowledge in place and needs to be developed over time.
- Possess strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- AML/OFAC or Compliance experience highly desirable
- Self-reliance and willingness to "own" problems and creatively find solutions
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Foster and champion High Performance Culture where people are empowered to make decisions that affect their work/environment
- Develop and lead a team that is responsive to dynamic organizational and operational changes