JP Morgan - Senior Analyst/Junior Associate - Planning & Analysis - Quant - Markets Analytics (2-6 yrs)
Planning & Analysis - Markets Analytics India (Senior Analyst / Junior associate)
Planning & Analysis - Markets Analytics India
J.P. Morgan's Global Markets Group (GMG) in Mumbai was set up in 2013 as an extension of the Firm's global markets teams around the world. GMG is a fast growing team covering multiple asset classes across geographies. GMG provides in-depth knowledge that is behind our Investment Banking, Structuring, Sales & Trading and Research businesses around the globe. Deeply integrated with our Investment Banking business, the team facilitates deals and transactions by providing vital research and insight.
- This position is a Quant profile to support the activities of the global Markets Planning & Analysis Group (with presence in New York, London, Hong Kong and Mumbai), sitting out of CIB Research & Analytics team in India. The incumbent will be working in a team and be responsible for the design, engineering, industrialization and support of the Markets Quantitative Framework for the CCAR/ICAAP regulatory process, while also exploring opportunities to further leverage it into other activities such as the planning and forecast processes, ad hoc analysis for senior management and other strategic initiatives to support the businesses.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Perform in-depth data analysis, using statistical and machine learning techniques, to creatively build predictive or explanatory models
- Devising/improving models on new/existing regression analysis
- Translate business needs into quantitative analyses and tools; communicate complex results to senior stakeholders in a clear and precise manner
- Work independently and collaboratively to establish close partnerships with peers across the greater CIB organization and Global Treasury.
- Develop metrics and statistical model prototypes that can be used to drive business decisions.
- Lead and participate in ad-hoc projects as needed by senior management or regulatory initiatives
- Participate on the ongoing process improvements, optimization, and rationalization efforts
- Clearly document the code of the tools created; Publish and maintain clear user documentation; Write the official Model documentation and interact with the Model Governance group for review and approval; Ensure full SIT / UAT and Change controls of tools
The candidate will need to work closely with the Markets CCAR team in London and New York, partnering and supporting them just as a direct extension of the team sitting out of Mumbai. The candidate will also be able to interact with JPMorgan's Quantitative Research team in Mumbai and benefit from their experience.
- Proven experience programming in Python, R, or any other statistical/numerical programming language
- Close attention to detail and ability to work to very high standards
- Good communication and team skills in a multi-location set up
- Relevant experience in similar roles in Statistical Analysis and/or working for global Financial companies and specifically around trading businesses will be an advantage
Ideal candidates for these positions would be a graduate/post-graduate from a premier college or institute. A computer science or statistic/mathematics background will be most suitable.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.