HR at JP Morgan Chase
Views:1316 Applications:238 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
JP Morgan Chase - VP - Wholesale Credit Underwriting - Business Banking/Dealer Commercial Services (10-17 yrs)
VP - Wholesale Credit Underwriting (Business Banking / Dealer Commercial Services)
The primary responsibility of the Credit Underwriter - Vice President is to analyze, structure and decision credit applications in a fast paced, centralized environment. Credit products typically include lines of credit, term loans and leases that are collateralized by business assets ranging from cash and working capital assets to equipment and commercial real estate. Credit requests typically range in size from $500 thousand to $5.0 million with an average of about $1-2 Million.
- Promptly review loan requests submitted by Relationship Managers (or "RM"), evaluate trends and potential risks that could impact the customer/prospect's ability to repay the credit extension and identify mitigating factors and/or additional information needs to offset these trends and risks.
- Interact with the Relationship Manager (and on occasion, the customer/prospect) to identify and quantify repayment sources including cash flow, collateral and individual recourse. Clearly communicate progress and/or needs in a timely and precise manner throughout the underwriting process.
- Proactively develop alternative structures, including SBA enhancements, as appropriate, with a goal of growing loan portfolio while maintaining asset quality.
- Independently decision requests with the concurrence of a Senior Underwriting Manager on Stateside
- Construct supporting decision analysis, utilize loan grading tools and determine documentation requirements, all chronicled in proprietary software.
- Work with loan center staff to ensure consistent adherence to regulatory obligations and bank processes and act as a resource to RMs and less experienced CUs.
- This position expects hands-on deep credit knowledge depending upon level and experience and offers a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity and unlimited career growth with a Global leader in Financial Services.
- Requires 10+ years' hands-on experience in commercial credit underwriting and financial analysis or equivalent related experience.
- Requires credit approval experience in comparable commercial lending environment requiring the exercise of credit judgment.
- Ability to formulate and articulate objective views based on professional credit analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of credit philosophy and policies, loan documentation, bankruptcy and related legal issues
- Managed a team of 8-10+ wholesale credit underwriters
- Minimum of degree or equivalent experience, graduate degree in business preferred. Completion of advanced courses in finance, accounting, and credit either through a bank sponsored training program or college course work.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, as well as analytic and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated computer aptitude.
- Work effectively in a matrixed reporting environment; while taking leadership responsibility .