JP Morgan Chase - VP - Client Service - Client Platform & KYC Controls - Asset Management (10-15 yrs)
Team Manager - Client Service - Global Client Platform & Controls for JPM Asset Management - Vice President (603)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
Global Client Platform & Controls
A) Client Platform
Client Platform team is part of the Institutional Business Platform Management and is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the CAM controls including the Cross Border Policy. The team primarily supports EMEA based teams but will be required to work across all regions and lines of business within Asset Management.
One of the teams that the platform team will support is the Central Cross Border team which is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the Cross Border Policy and the strategic planning of a standardised operational model across all regions within Asset Management.
The team supports the COO business agenda by providing strategy, MIS and analytical support, and works globally and cross-functionally with front office advisors, product specialists, legal, compliance, oversight and control, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, audit operations, technology, middle office and marketing.
The goal is to assist Asset Management client servicing businesses in their compliance with relevant jurisdictional regulations and operational oversight requirements while fostering an environment that emphasizes a quality client experience. As a market leader the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success.
B) UK IOT - Covers onboarding & servicing of UK based intermediaries/platforms investing in OEIC and SICAV + Non UK Intermediaries investing in OEIC.
C) ICS - Client Service Team for UK based clients invested in SICAV (Institution, Intermediary, Direct). ICS activities includes providing trade information, holding statement, dividend, and account maintenance query etc.
D) GTO - Onboarding Counterparties for any new or existing JPM Funds/Institutional Client accounts which trade in Derivative Products along with maintenance/query resolution of all existing Onboarding's related to account information and constitutional documents
E) Global AML KYC for Asset Management
The KYC Operations team will partner with the client-facing teams to ensure all client KYC records are compliant with regulatory standards in a timely fashion and also might validate all documentation provided in the end to end operational KYC activities of new clients and subsequent periodic renewal process of all clients ensuring a high quality product.
The team needs to ensure all KYC records are accurate and complete prior to a final review by the client-facing team. The team is expected to stay current with all regulatory changes and requirements around client KYC, Suitability and Documentation.
The Team Manager is responsible for both the day-to-day management of the Global KYC & Platform Team which is part of the global Client Platform Team and acts as a key support contact for administrative, operational and general servicing issues for the team globally.
Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- The lead will manage Client Platform, Cross Border and KYC teams
- Work towards in-depth conceptual understanding of the business within AML/KYC and Client Platform space. Should be able to roll up his/her sleeves and review/QC the process where required
- Hands on with the process (team's roles and responsibilities) to assist the team in questioning status quo and work as a consultant to provide innovative solutions without diluting controls to the problems at hand.
- Assess areas for process and system improvements and provide potential solutions for senior management
- Create an effective control environment within the team and assist in development, implementation and periodic performance of key controls
- Create an effective partnership with onshore leads/stakeholders through proactive & effective communication channels, business reviews, governance models etc..
- People management for a defined group of individuals, including specific training, and coaching/ career development requirements
- Lead weekly team meetings and complete appraisals
- Collaborate with global CAM/KYC leads and wider teams on initiatives and projects
- Proactively be aware of industry changes / departmental issues / initiatives (e.g. regulations, JPM policies, services, etc.) and be able to discuss and present these to a senior audience
- Ensure team adherence to departmental targets and ownership team escalations
- Collation and review of team metrics, KPIs and other MIS data and presentation to global KYC/Platform heads.
- Escalation point for local client and team issues, errors, complaints.
- Proactively look for efficiencies to improve the service offering and practices employed
- Drive and help deliver the strategy of the team in conjunction with the global KYC/Platform heads
- Develop a relationships with other Client Service Offshore teams and internal stakeholders
- University graduate with 10+ years of experience in financial industry; background in Asset management and client service preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience managing people
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Flexible/ability to adapt to change
- Ability to multitask and to pursue/meet deadlines
- Ability to develop strong internal/external relationships and an in-depth understanding of clients' servicing needs
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.