HR at JP Morgan Services
Views:980 Applications:187 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:46
JP Morgan Chase - Vice President - Wholesale Credit - Auto Finance/Dealer Commercial Services (10-20 yrs)
This position reports up through Consumer and Community Banking Risk; however, Dealer Commercial Services (DCS) is a specialized commercial lending group that works with automobile dealers.
As an Underwriter in Dealer Commercial Services, your primary role is to take ownership of your portfolio and to utilize excellent credit skills to work independently on the portfolio of relationships assigned to you. You will appropriately assess the risk in your portfolio, diligently managing the portfolio (i.e. renewals, modifications, managing the credit metrics), and meeting customer deadlines. You will be a partner to the Bankers in the Division, striving to balance sales and credit quality goals.
You will be looked to as an expert on structuring and Credit Policy and will be the go to person for the Bankers. You will be looked upon as a leader both within and outside of Underwriting; you will provide depth to the local credit leadership team and serve as a mentor to less experienced underwriters and bankers. A successful individual must possess and apply a broad understanding of the business environment including the auto industry, current events, and economic cycles.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Taking ownership of your portfolio, acting with a sense of urgency, doing whatever it takes to effectively get the job done.
- Utilizing excellent credit skills to author well thought out and concise analysis of DCS relationships using appropriate structure and identifying key risks.
- Work in partnership with the Bankers to develop fulsome Client relationships including being looked to as the go to person when the banker is out.
- Working proactively, in a constructive, diplomatic manner, with both internal and external contacts to keep transactions moving.
- Demonstrating excellent communication skills both internally and externally and using those communication skills to effectively solve problems.
- The ability and courage to voice your opinion in a clear, concise manner and to defend that position with Management.
- Assigned to the largest and most-complex relationships
- BA/ BBA/MBA, completion of a major corporate bank credit training program (or the equivalent corporate banking / corporate finance experience)
- Typically a minimum of 8 plus years in commercial banking / lending experience which might include credit, structuring and marketing.
- Possesses significant accounting and finance knowledge, and commercial banking experience.
- Demonstrated superior verbal and written skills, interpersonal skills, and analytical, problem solving skills.
- Ability to mentor more junior underwriters