JP Morgan Chase - Vice President - Trade Transaction Control Manager - CIB (15-20 yrs)
CIB Trade Transaction Control Manager - Vice President
Description : CIB - Trade Operations - Transaction Control Manager - Vice President
- The Trade Operations Transaction Control Manager is a senior level manager and an expert in Global Trade products with a strong emphasis on Risk and Controls.
- Work directly with internal partners and external clients, primarily in an advisory capacity, investigate and provide decisions on transaction escalations daily due to a variety of risk drivers: Sanctions / Money Laundering / Boycott / Export Control / Fraud / complex terms, etc.
- Provide technical consulting to Trade Operations and internal partners regarding problem trade transactions and new business opportunities by making risk mitigating recommendations and formulating the business' response/position.
- Identify, measure, control and monitor the Global Trade transaction risk for both internal business units and external corporate clients. Limit exposure due to risks such as those resulting from human errors, transaction processing failures and fraudulent activities.
- Interface with and Influence internal partners supported by Global Trade Operations: Product, Compliance, Risk, Legal, and Audit.
- Create and deliver the Trade training program: CDCS certification, re-certification, targeted Trade Regulatory Compliance training, risk roundtable forums with internal partners or external clients.
- Be a "Change Champion" specifically in the Global Trade Finance Risk and Controls environment.
- Leader in the Global Trade Industry and represents JPMorgan Global Trade in industry groups/forums.
- Directly interact with regulators in exams, reviews, issues, and ad-hoc requests.
- Provide subject matter expertise and advise on trade transformation projects when required. (e.g. Digitization, Automation etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of trade products including but not limited to commercial (import & export) and standby letters of credit, documentary collections, bank to bank reimbursements, supply chain finance, trade loans, open account, etc.
- Expert level knowledge of ICC Rules, particularly, UCPDC, ISBP, URC, ISP, URR, along with working knowledge of SWIFT rules for 400 and 700 series messages. The role involves providing opinions on complex trade transactions, structuring LCs, opining on discrepancies on LC presentations, etc. Technical expertise is a must.
- Expert knowledge of U.S. regulations such as BSA/AML, OFAC, Anti-Boycott, Export Controls, etc.
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate confidence in risk-based decision making with the ability to escalate timely to senior management. Individual must have the highest work ethics and integrity.
- Possess the ability to analyze processes, identify opportunities for improvement, and influence internal partners to implement changes.
- Possess the ability to work on multiple tasks/projects with competing deadlines. Enjoy a global team environment while being comfortable with working as an individual contributor.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Ability to operate in a complex, high-pressure, highly regulated environment in support of high-risk processes.
- Minimum 15 years of experience working in trade, risk, compliance or audit areas.
- CDCS certification is a plus.
- CAMS certification is a plus.
- Prior experience in trade product digitization or automation is a plus.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.