JP Morgan Chase - Vice President - Strategic Solutions MIS Reporting Manager - Consumer & Community Banking (10-25 yrs)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services through our 137,000 employees. The Consumer & Community Banking Deposit Modeling Team is responsible for building state-of-the-art models and tools to predict deposit balances and revenue.
The candidate will drive the development, management and maintenance of the reporting supporting Consumer finance business across CCB line of business. It will also play a pivotal role in leading the data initiatives by partnering with Data IT, to optimize the data environment for quality, efficiency and performance. Candidate is expected to understand & design complex SQL queries to frame up the data warehouse for financial reporting & analytics. The role requires a strong reporting background with a focus on reconciliation, analytics, and working across functional areas. Interaction between Finance, Information Technology, and other groups are required to ensure modifications to existing systems and new applications fully meet business requirements.
- Work with Stateside CFO teams to understand initiatives across Pricing, P&L & Consumer initiative and drive the analytical & reporting requirements
- Understand complex data environment and be able to propose solutions to simplify/ optimize.
- Build a target state data model
- Build effective controls within data & reporting process
- Develop & Maintain reports in reporting tools including (but not limited to) COGNOS & Tableau
- Convert complex business logic into effective SQL query
- Partner with Data IT teams to drive data development & enhancement through an agile process
- Identify opportunities to automate manual reporting process
- Drive migration of reporting/ data environment to next gen platform leveraging Big data tools
- Partner with Stateside team and India lead, to prioritize requirements and develop a schedule to meet the deadline
- Assist in defining and documenting new processes and training/ mentoring new hires on new processes.
- Understands the SDLC, quality assurance/quality control concepts, metrics, methodologies and documentation standards.
The candidate must be a highly-motivated individual and must be able to handle a high volume of work, be able to deal with and work through ambiguity, be flexible enough to shift workload in accordance with changing priorities, and be comfortable dealing with a sometimes stressful and fast-paced, priority-driven environment. The candidate should be flexible to work late nights to attend stateside calls & respond to issues, when required.
- Requires minimum 10-15 years of Data Management, Dashboard/Reporting and Analytics experience
- High level of expertise in SQL, Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence concepts
- At least 2-4 years- experience leading teams
- Business reporting experience is must have
- Demonstrated experience in BI tools especially COGNOS & Tableau
- Exposure/ Experience to big data tools like Hadoop is a plus
- Working knowledge on Data Management/Data Quality Rules development will be a plus
- Hands-on experience in framing up Complex SQL Queries involving Data Analytical functions
- Hands-on experience in preparing/integrating the datasets to match to the reporting requirements
- Exposure to Consumer Lending business and high-level understanding of financial concepts
- Preferred - Experience in driving reports/ data development following AGILE process
- Strong analytical, project & change management skills
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- MBA/CA - preferred (accounting knowledge is a must
- Business Hours - 2pm to 11pm IST. This may vary due to business requirements