HR at JP Morgan Services
Views:835 Applications:75 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
JP Morgan Chase - Vice President - Risk Reporting (13-15 yrs)
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago.
We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide.
We operate in more than 100 markets.
We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan's Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JP Morgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centres (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm's operations regionally and globally. The centres provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
Risk Management is seeking a highly motivated leader (Vice President) that can drive the credit bureau consumption team and the risk BA & UAT team to the next level. This unique opportunity is equal parts ownership and responsibility for all aspects of credit bureau consumption across all areas and Lines of Business within CCB and managing a team of Business & UAT analysts responsible to design and test the reporting portals and workflows. This team will support the annual Risk Roadmap planning and quarterly IT Demand Management processes, and monthly financial and project status reporting. The position requires close collaboration with CCB Risk Lines of Business and Corporate Risk and Finance Technology.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Risk team responsible for leading various reporting and data initiatives for Chase. This individual will demonstrate strong people management & problem solving skills, superior work ethics, and leverage sound judgment to effectively work in a fast pace and dynamic environment. Additionally, ideal candidate would work with complex data systems to make business information accessible, understandable and actionable. Responsibilities will also include maintaining, improving and building controls around existing processes.
Key responsibilities will include -
- Monitor team performance and manage 1-1's with the team
- Ensure team work and positive environment within the team
- Recruitment, training, appraisal, resource planning, business resiliency plan and managing functional procedures etc.
- Follow the intake process to take on additional work and responsibilities
- Ability to analyze and create exception reporting
- Ability to understand the changing business needs, redesign data monitoring and analysis around the same
- Ability to handle a very dynamic work environment
- Develop and manage Excel/SAS based reports using standardized reporting platforms
- Support ad hoc requests from the business and senior management
- Develop SQL/SAS queries to extract complex datasets and metrics from multiple databases
- Work with data owners and clients to understand requirements, data needs, and resolve issues.
- Manage UAT activities for model implementation during implementation
- Ensuring team is aligned with IT Risk automation development are in compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Respond to production data issues or problems with our existing reports and data.
- Ensure RCSA and certification of processes are completed periodically
- Proactively identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage a team that is responsible to Track budget Vs Forecast Vs Actuals of Risk $ and hours. Provide frequent and timely reports of variances to program/project stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Manage a team that creates project plans, schedules meetings, coordinates deliverables, distribute status updates and represents the project in cross-functional and management meetings.
- Manage a team responsible to interpret and document business requirements and advise business stakeholders on options, risks, and costs.
- Participate in CCB Roadmap Planning and Demand Management forums and represent Risk programs and projects
- 4-year college degree (Preferably with an advanced degree - i.e. MBA)
- 13-15 years of related experience
- Project management experience
- Effective people management skills
- Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of consumer risk management and governance concepts
- Experience with SAS, advanced SQL (Teradata/Oracle/Another equivalent), Unix ksh scripting, and RDBMS experience.
- Strong analytical skills and writing skills; to include experience in writing functional and technical specifications to translate data to business contexts
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment using technology and/or integrating diverse user systems