HR at JP Morgan Chase
Views:693 Applications:105 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
JP Morgan Chase - Vice President - Quantitative Risk Modeling - Consumer & Community Banking (10-17 yrs)
Vice President - Consumer & Community Banking - Quantitative Risk Modeling
- JP Morgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
- Our Firmwide Risk Function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
- Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others.
- The VP Business Banking and Analysis will be a key member of the Business Banking, Analysis and Reporting team expected to support critical forecasting and stress testing projects and related analysis.
The incumbent candidate will have the following roles and responsibilities :
- Should be able to develop end to end risk models.
- Support model development efforts with modeling partners with data needs and liason between other risk data partners
- Assume leadership responsibility for quality control function of the capital team, assuring accurate and appropriate model development, quantification and implementation of capital models.
- Efficiently design and produce programs to streamline and create repeatable procedures for data extraction, processing, cleansing, auditing, and reporting.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with line of business partners and model end-users to analyze and meet data needs.
- A background in SAS skills, especially in modules such as SAS/Base, SAS/STAT, SAS/Macro, data mining and simulation because SAS is heavily employed in creating data sets, ad hoc analyses and modeling.
- A Masters or Ph.D. Degree in a technical or quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Statistics, Business, Finance, or Mathematics with 10+years of overall experience.
- Experience in developing, implementing and testing loan-level loss forecasting models and credit risk models within financial institutions.
- Must possess the ability to deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines and be comfortable with the manipulation and summarization of large quantities of data.
- 5+ years SAS programming experience. SAS Certification preferred.
- 5+ years experience utilizing SQL in a relational database environment such as DB2, Oracle, or Teradata
- 5+ years in the financial services industry;
- Proficiency in MS Office product suite (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint) required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to make contributions to the groups knowledge base by proposing new and creative ways for approaching problems and projects