JP Morgan Chase - Vice President - Quantitative Modeling Lead - IIT/ISI (8-12 yrs)
Shift Timings - 2PM to 11PM
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services through our 137,000 employees. The Consumer & Community Banking Deposit Modeling Team is responsible for building state-of-the-art models and tools to predict deposit balances and revenue.
Who We Are
We are an intellectually diverse team of economists, statisticians, and other analytics professionals, focused on statistical modeling within the Treasury group of Consumer and Community Banking, the retail banking arm of JPMorgan Chase & Co. The team answers complex and unique questions, utilizing cutting edge analytical techniques and leveraging one of the world's largest repositories of consumer data. We work closely with our partners throughout JPMorgan Chase to assess and execute critical business decisions.
The individual hired for this position will build models to answer questions and create forecasts for groups across the Finance organization at JPMorgan Chase. Typical duties for this position include:
- Building econometric models for deposits, revenue, or other business drivers
- Modeling for regulatory requirements, including stress testing (CCAR/DFAST)
- Performing analysis to answer immediate business questions
- Identifying data anomalies
- Communicating results across audiences throughout JPMorgan Chase
Sample projects include:
- Building budget and regulatory models to predict deposit account closure rates
- Forecasting interest rates paid for time deposits
- Predicting the monthly number of debit transactions
Positions are based in Bengaluru, India, a strategic location for JPMorgan Chase's corporate growth strategy.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for analytics professionals that possess:
- Exceptional unstructured problem solving skills
- Outstanding communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Passion for analytics
- Technical proficiency
As technical background, you should have a Master's in a quantitative field of study, such as statistics or economics, from a top university (e.g. ISI, IIT) with 8+ years of model development experience, 2+ years of people management experience, and a sound foundation in one or more of the following analytical disciplines:
- Linear and non-linear statistical modeling
- Time series and forecasting
- Panel (longitudinal) data analysis
- Data manipulation and management
- Non-parametric methods
- Statistical programming in R, Python, or equivalent
In addition, you must possess the following non-technical traits:
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to explain technical ideas to a non-technical audience and present to senior leaders in Finance
- Be able to recruit other modelers with strong technical and communication skills
- Be able to develop and manage a team towards business and professional development goals
- Have a demonstrated interest in career development and be versatile and eager to take on new challenges
- Have strong project management skills (manage multiple projects and prioritize work requirements in multi-disciplinary team settings).
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.