VP Leadership Hiring at JP Morgan Chase
Views:3614 Applications:260 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
JP Morgan Chase - Vice President - Payroll Accounting & Cash Management (8-15 yrs)
Human Resources Service Delivery (HRSD) is a best-in-class global HR service delivery organization of approximately 1,000 people, servicing the entire global population of JPMC, currently totaling over 240,000 employees worldwide in 62 countries. HRSD provides vital services in the area of Payroll, HR Call Center (accessHR), Recruiting Operations, Employee On/Off Boarding, Data Management, Benefits Administration and Project Management. HRSD supports the firm in achieving its strategic priorities.
North America and Latin America Payroll accounting functions are supported from Bengaluru, India and Delaware, USA. HRSD is in the process of creating a center of excellence for Payroll Funding and Trade function for employee's salary, vendor and statutory agencies payments including FX Trade. The HR function is also implementing Oracle's cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) System and embarking on a multi-year global initiative to simplify, digitize, and integrate our HR services. As part of this initiative, we will be replacing our North America (US & Canada) PeopleSoft Payroll and Timekeeping platforms. We are seeking candidates for a Vice President role in North America Payroll team to drive and support the functions and strategic initiatives listed above.
Our ideal candidate will have :
1) Direct experience in Funds Transfer and FX Trade Operations
2) Transformation experience - System implementation or Consolidation of function(s) to Center of Excellence and process re-engineering
3) Payroll accounting and reporting, and
4) Direct experience in accounting for a large, multi-state and/or multi-national operation,
Role Summary :
The Vice President - Payroll Accounting and Funding Operations role will report to the Head of North America Payroll. The incumbent will lead the Americas Payroll accounting teams based in USA and India, and create a center of excellence for Payroll Funding Operations, and take on the leadership role in streamlining and consolidation.
- Lead the payroll accounting teams and ensure deliverables are completed on time
- Review existing accounting and reconciliation procedures and ensure it meets accounting standards
- Support development of new, simplified and streamlined payroll accounting processes; create process maps, oversee development of standard operating procedures; develop user learning guides and training as part of HCM implementation partnering with Payroll Accounting workstream lead
- Lead/Support General Ledger set up activities, including testing efforts
- Oversee analysis, configuration and testing of monthly HCM updates and quarterly releases
- Ensure the new payroll platform:
- Meets all accounting and reconciliation requirements
- Maintains current fortress level of controls to minimize operational risk and ensure compliance with regulatory and tax guidelines.
- Operates securely and protects against internal or external threats
- Establish Center of Excellence for Payroll Funds Transfer and FX Trade function
- Create market level product mapping, define and/or maintain standards, and end to end process for Funds movement and FX transactions partnering with internal stakeholders
- Establish Payroll Funding function consolidation plan and drive the approval process
- Lead the consolidation execution following defined methodology
- Manage change
- Lead/Support business initiatives and regulatory projects
- Design and deliver metrics, root cause analysis, and implement remediation plans to address deficiencies where appropriate
- Motivate and manage team members including coaching and feedback. Ensure team members have the requisite skills, knowledge and abilities to deliver effectively.
- Foster productive strategic partnerships across the HCM Program Management team, internal counterparts in workforce technology, finance, compensation, benefits, HRIS, legal, and corporate tax as well as with our Oracle and our strategic integrator contacts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with SAP and/or cloud payroll systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with Funds Transfer and FX Trade
- Master's degree in Business or Accounting and/or CA/CPA certification
- Direct experience in process transformation including creation of center of excellence; prior experience in Organization design and consolidation
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience; accountable for running accounting function with large, multi-national organizations
- Proven track record of successfully setting strategic agenda, driving change, and managing large payments
- Both strategic and "hands on" leadership skills with a proven track record of through cross-functional teams in multiple locations
- Knowledge of process management; experience in process re-engineering is a plus
- Experienced in identifying and mitigating operational risk through effective controls
- Regulatory knowledge and awareness to ensure that the firm is meeting reporting and remitting requirements
- Experienced in vendor management including overseeing RFPs, contract negotiation/management and vendor performance
- Problem solver with strong project management skills
- Able to manage and motivate staff both domestically and in global remote locations
- Able to manage and coordinate multiple projects
- Outstanding work ethic with a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship and consensus building skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization; effectively gains agreement and consensus for ideas
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment