JP Morgan Chase - Vice President - Market Asset Servicing - CIB (12-15 yrs)
CIB - Market Asset Servicing - Vice President
Role/Title : Vice President
Core Requirements :
- The incumbent shall be responsible for managing the Asset Servicing income workflow from an end to end event processing perspective for across various markets including EMEA, US, Canada, Central, and South Americas potentially Asia.
- Act as the escalation contact for internal teams within Securities Operations team, Front Office, Product Controllers, Technology groups apart from facing off to counterparties, Depositories and 3rd party vendor coverage
- Promote culture of early and timely escalation, ensure root cause analysis undertaken for all operational incidents and follow through with all recommendations. Actively manage risk items and continually evidence compliance with key controls.
- Ensure all client queries dealt with within required SLAs
- Spot check calls, sign offs and files for quality control
- Ensure all team members adhere to global escalation policies, maintain up to date awareness and adherence to policies and procedures, attest to operational procedures at required intervals and actively comply with ethics and behavior standards
- Work on projects as required by industry mandate, process improvement plans, client requirements o Has to be extremely client-focused and result-oriented in approach.
- Host Review meetings with the client(s) & drive improvement/ efficiency opportunities.
- Strong business communication skills both verbal and written and requirement to interact with counterparties
- Successful performance in a risk based environment with a proven track record of risk management
- Publishing / Review of Daily/weekly performance metrics pertaining to the function and to identify and track reasons for deviation from agreed levels or expected behavior.
- Track record of working in a changing environment with the experience of learning, documenting and implementing new processes efficiently
- Demonstrated experience of multi-tasking and effective time management with attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Identify and innovate any process / procedural changes required as driven by the clients, markets or business functions.
- Ideas for process improvement and partner with internal stakeholders to closure
- Drive consistency of process / functions in partnership with the Global Asset Servicing team
- Strong time management skills required to meet the internal and external deadlines/cutoffs
Candidate Requirements :
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or equivalent
- Financial Services background within Custody or Investment Bank environment with 12+ yrs of experience in Asset Services / Securities Operations background.
- Asset servicing knowledge and experience within Securities Operation environment highly preferred or any other Securities Operation function like Settlements. End to End Knowledge of the transaction / trade lifecycle
- Flexibility to work in shifts as per business requirement
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing business and technology needs
- Strong risk and control awareness and ability to implement mitigating controls
- Ability to effectively prioritize workloads and work to critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality o Exceptional problem / issue resolution skills
- Interact with client / counterparties on a regular basis to resolve transaction experience
- Strong Change management orientation coupled with innovation and process improvement focus
- Relationship building skills, strong ability to develop partnerships with global teams
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of attention to detail
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Working knowledge of Alteryx / Tableau will be an added advantage Leadership Represent Market Asset Servicing with internal and external clients, promoting the strategy, products and capabilities of the Securities Operations.
- Support operational partners in Asset Servicing with strategic initiatives across the department.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the asset servicing product. Identify key areas of opportunity, creating robust business cases and ensuring appropriate levels of analysis are undertaken.
- Participate in Strategic Program and value add to the Business and Operational Imperatives. Hands on Manager with sound People Management skills and focus on grooming and developing diverse talent.
- Maximize team capacity through effective resource planning and ensure team structure is robust through effective training and succession planning.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.