JP Morgan Chase - Vice President - Deposit Modelling (10-20 yrs)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services through our 137,000 employees. The Consumer & Community Banking Deposit Modeling Team is responsible for building state-of-the-art models and tools to predict deposit balances and revenue.
Who We Are
We are an intellectually diverse team of economists, statisticians, and other analytics professionals focused on statistical modeling within the Treasury group of Consumer and Community Banking, the retail banking arm of JPMorgan Chase & Co. The team answers complex and unique questions, utilizing cutting edge analytical techniques and leveraging one of the world's largest repositories of consumer data. We work closely with our partners throughout JPMorgan Chase to assess and execute critical business decisions.
The individual hired for this position will build models to answer questions and create forecasts for groups across the Finance organization at JPMorgan Chase.
Typical duties for this position include:
- Building econometric models for deposits, revenue, or other business drivers
- Modeling for regulatory requirements, including stress testing (CCAR/DFAST)
- Performing analysis to answer immediate business questions
- Identifying data anomalies
- Communicating results across audiences throughout JPMorgan Chase
Sample projects include:
- Building budget and regulatory models to predict deposit account closure rates
- Forecasting interest rates paid for time deposits
- Predicting the monthly number of debit transactions
- Positions are based in Bengaluru, India, a strategic location for JPMorgan Chase's corporate growth strategy.
Who We Are Looking For
- We are looking for analytics professionals that possess:
- Exceptional unstructured problem solving skills
- Outstanding communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Passion for analytics
- Technical proficiency
- As technical background, you should have a Master's in a quantitative field of study, such as statistics or economics, from a top university (e.g. ISI, IIT) with 6+ years of model development experience and a sound foundation in one or more of the following analytical disciplines:
- Linear and non-linear statistical modeling
- Time series and forecasting
- Panel (longitudinal) data analysis
- Data manipulation and management
- Non-parametric methods
- Statistical programming in R, Python, or equivalent:
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to explain technical ideas to a non-technical audience and present to senior leaders in Finance
- Be able to recruit other modelers with strong technical and communication skills
- Have a demonstrated interest in career development and be versatile and eager to take on new challenges.
- Have strong project management skills (manage multiple projects and prioritize work requirements in multi-disciplinary team settings).