HR at JPMorgan Chase
Views:1233 Applications:172 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
JP Morgan Chase - Vice President - Data Solutions - Product Development Quant Team (7-11 yrs)
Product Development Quant - Data Solutions - Vice President (7-11 yrs)
About J.P. Morgan :
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Who we are :
The Asset Manager Platform organization within the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB)'s Securities Services group is a newly formed business responsible for generating revenue for the firm by building and commercializing best-in-class digital solutions for our institutional client base across trade and investment lifecycles. Our mission is to establish top-tier client services and enable our clients to achieve their business goals by extending J.P. Morgan's reputation as market leader in financial products into the digital space.
The Opportunity :
- As a member of the Data Solutions Product Development Quant team, the successful applicant will join a leading, entrepreneurial and collegial team within the Asset Manager Platform business that is responsible for the development of data products across all asset classes and financial instruments.
This is an exciting position for a talented and energetic individual who thrives on new challenges, possesses true entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys working in a fast-paced, client-facing environment.
- Work on some of the most complex problems imaginable at the intersection of two dynamic industries: finance and technology
- Be part of a new business initiative within JPM that will create a significant revenue stream for the firm and influence the commercialization and go-to-market strategy of the service
- Partner closely with our clients (hedge funds, private banks, investment banks) to understand their needs in order to shape the product roadmap
- Interact with other high-performing teams within JPM to inspire innovation and champion change throughout the bank
- Work closely with our UX and product partners to deliver high quality software and amazing user experiences
The candidate will partner with our UX, Sales, Trading, Quantitative Research, Strategy and Clients in delivering the Product. Responsibilities include the following:
- Product Development: Help developing/improving models for data and analytics, There may be some custom deliverables for high-profile and complex clients
- Modelling: Support architect data pipelines, design enrichment processes and define canonical data models that enable unification across the data asset universe. Partner with stakeholders to enhance classification standards, conventions and data relationships as new markets, products and data domains emerge.
- Prototyping: Help develop conceptual data prototypes that exemplify the use of modern technologies to deliver new functional data & analytics capabilities. Collaborate with the core engineering group to industrialize solutions and contribute to the core codebase.
- Data Governance: Familiarity with internal and regulatory guidelines on Model governance. Implementation of remediation; reviewing the process of data feeds from multiple upstream systems
- Client Adoption/Engagement: Create factsheets with client's datasets through API and also support advanced client and product managers for explanation on data and associated analytical results
- Publishing and Thought leadership: Help publish industry leading papers on newer investment trends and data science techniques and methodology
- Excellent communication skills are required as the candidate will be required to interact extensively with the product management, technology, and control teams
- Overall Experience 8-10 years - role requires a detailed understanding of new age FinTech and Financial Modelling
- Understanding of Fixed Income Analytics and Derivative pricing
- It is understood that the candidate may not have this knowledge from previous experience, but the successful candidate should be highly motivated to gain this knowledge
- Master's or B.Tech/B.E degree in a numerate subject from a top academic institution is highly desirable, but not an absolute requirement
- Highly analytical with strong capability in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics and Machine Learning Techniques
- High level of proficiency in C++ or Python programming
- High-performance computing and memory management
- Understanding of text mining and natural language processing
- Parallel/Distributed computing experience a plus
- Close attention to detail and ability to work to very high standards