JP Morgan Chase - Vice President - Data Quality Management - Chief Data Office - CIB (10-15 yrs)
CIB Chief Data Office - Data Quality Management (Vice President)
- With exponential year-over-year growth of data generated, strong Data Governance, including Data Quality, is critical to ensure clean, fit-for-purpose data. The CIB Chief Data Office (CDO) is responsible for defining and implementing the Firmwide Data Management strategy to create an industry-leading data environment.
- The program scope continues to evolve and encompasses cultural, behavioral, procedural and systemic transformation across the full range of data domains (such as reference, market and transaction). CIB CDO offers a unique perspective into the role of data in the financial industry, partnering with a variety of stakeholders across sub-LOBs, Corporate Functions and the Firmwide Data Management organization.
- The successful candidate will join a team focused on delivering business impact through transformation of Data Quality management. The role will require working with stakeholders across the CIB, other LOBs and Corporate Functions to ensure fit-for-purpose data, looking to leverage best practice across the industry and other J.P. Morgan business units.
- This role provides an outstanding opportunity at JPMorgan Chase for the selected candidate to join a high profile team and take a partnership role, supporting one of the Bank's most significant change programs.
Key roles and responsibilities:
Lead a global team to deliver CIB CDO DQ priorities within a CIB Payments sub-LOBs including:
- Partner with business stakeholders to identify opportunities for DQ discovery, profiling, and ongoing control solutions. Support implementation of solutions.
- Partner with business stakeholders to drive focus on prioritization of DQ efforts-manage timely execution of resolutions, escalate delays and obstacles/roadblocks to business control forums.
- DQ issue tracking and remediation, root cause analysis, and escalation.
- Provide support for capturing lineage details and ensuring the quality of meta-data.
- Liaise with PMO team to ensure ongoing communication of stakeholder requirements for new and improved solutions.
- Manage and develop an existing local team of Data Quality analysts and senior associates
- Perform project management and deep business analysis on specific high profile data issues/initiatives
- Understand key requirements from the business and organize project activities to optimize for these
- Display thought leadership in data management techniques and methodologies
- Communicate and achieve buy-in from stakeholders across the bank including Front Office, Technology, Data Science, Operations, etc.
- Translate large amounts of analysis into high level takeaways for senior management, with the goal to tell a story that will resonate with them
- Achieve senior management buy-in for project activities and next steps
- 10+ years of experience in Investment Banking / Financial Services
- Experience in leading a team including performance management
- Preferred background in Ops, Finance or Tech with Project Management/Business Analysis skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in manipulating and analyzing large data sets in Excel (pivots, formulas, charts, etc.)
- Experience producing PowerPoint presentations for senior audiences
- Excellent communication, presentation (both oral and written) & influencing skills - candidate will be dealing with stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority (up-to Managing Director level) across Corporate/Firmwide, Finance, Risk, Compliance , Operations and Technology teams
- Effective change management skills - ability to support & adapt within a changing environment
- Self starter, able to work autonomously, with strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high standard
- Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture
- Basic understanding of the company's business practices and familiarity with the company's products and services
- Basic understanding of project management lifecycle and Technology SDLC (software development lifecycle)
- Experience of Data Management principles would be advantageous
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.