JP Morgan Chase - Vice President - CIB Finance & Business Management - Loan Capital Strategy (10-14 yrs)
Job Description :
CIB F&BM Junior Loan Capital Strategy Business Manager - Vice President - Mumbai
- The Loan Capital Strategy team is considered subject matter expert's on the Basel III RWA / Capital and liquidity treatment for the suite of trade and lending products within Corporate & Investment Bank - Banking.
- It is also the team's responsibility to understand and apply the holistic approach to institutional client management taking several factors into consideration, such as the client's historical and future profitability, liquidity position within the firm, and the firm's current exposure to the client.
- To apply these factors, the Global Loan Capital Strategy team owns the capital and profitability model that is used to present client credit proposal's for approval to the regional Balance Sheet Committees, which are comprised of Senior Management representatives from the CIB's various businesses.
- The team is also often the first call to task with developing an approach to new regulatory requirements and enhancements to client profitability metrics.
Key Responsibilities :
- Develop a strong partnership with Bankers from IB Coverage, Global Corporate Bank, and Syndicated Leverage Finance.
- Work closely with deal team representatives to ensure credit facilities are being appropriately represented to the Balance Sheet Committee from a RWA/Capital and Profitability perspective.
- Drive Balance Sheet Committee meetings to ensure that credit facilities are being presented accurately to the Committee and to be responsible for tracking each credit proposal's approval / deferral.
- Be able to take ownership and work independently on priority projects dictated by GIB Senior Management.
- Become a point of contact to educate deal team and finance representatives on the firm's capital requirements and profitability model.
- Lead working groups on various initiatives within Banking.
- Implement end to end testing required for the loan model as applicable to the region.
- Work with bankers to proactively turn portfolio.
- Report on balance sheet trends.
- 10 years as finance professional in financial services industry, with Business Management experience preferred
- Experience in managing projects
- An interest in developing product knowledge, specifically in Traditional Credit Products
- Good understanding of balance sheet and exposure concepts is a plus
- Financial modeling experience
Key Skills :
- Attention to detail and understanding of cross-functional and cross-regional linkages
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a desire to understand the big picture as well as the details of a product Excellent communication skills together with strong relationship management and influencing skills
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks and requests in a fast moving environment, coupled with proven ability to prioritize, execute on tasks and meet key deliverables, often at short notice
- Proactive and can work independently
- Display ownership of issues to take issues to completion
- Interest in identifying and proposing key areas of enhancement
- Strong MS Office skills; excel skills, spreadsheet modeling, and storytelling ability using power point is a must. Ability to automate using VBA and macros is a strong advantage.