JP Morgan Chase - Vice President - Cash Equities Middle Office - Trade Management/Front to Back Reconciliations (15-20 yrs)
OTC Derivatives (Equity, Rates, Credit)
Roles & Responsibilities :
The following are key functions within the team:
- Perform reconciliations between Front Office, middle office and back-office systems to ensure accuracy and completeness of positions and transactions.
- Ensure all internal transactions are correctly matched for timely settlement
- Action and perform root cause analyses on new / recurring issues or control gaps
- Escalate issues for any urgent matters, client, or risk impact
- Produce time sensitive daily reports with actionable data to Global Middle Office for break resolutions
- Provide detailed business control metrics to management daily
- Ensure all tasks are completed within timeframes, processing windows, market regulations, bank policies, or what is deemed prudent to minimize risk.
- Continuously participate in projects involving new system implementation, process improvements, etc
- Take ownership of work, problems, clarify issues / objections, and ensure data integrity, accuracy, and completeness
- Role involves leading requirement analysis, testing and post go live checks for new regulations, changes to existing regulation, strategic system transformation, migrations and NBIAs
Skill sets Required:
This individual will have extensive contact with front office, clients, global teams, Technology and other business partners on a daily basis. Key skills required are listed below:
- Previous experience in the Financial Services industry with strong understanding of Equity & OTC Derivatives products
- Strong product knowledge; thorough understanding of the end to end transaction cycle
- A strong control mindset and adherence to a high degree of business ethics
- In-depth experience with equity products and global markets
- Ability to think and act strategically:
a. Deal with day-to-day issues as well as planning and executing projects / initiatives
b. Ensuring the team's activities support Operations in attaining its strategic goals
c. Excellent attention to detail, and an ability to know when a deep-dive approach is appropriate
- Ability to manage a team of high achievers with diverse experience and skill sets. Successful in team environments with matrix reporting structures
- Ability to drive results through a \"hands-on\" approach
- Skilled in identifying talent, recruiting, coaching, mentoring, and developing team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and adept at communicating with all levels of the business and technical parts of the organization
- Skilled in MS office applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access and Project
- Can operate effectively in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines, and can prioritize one's own and team's work to achieve them
- Be innovative and suggest system improvement capabilities.
- Ability to multi task, ensuring the trades are booked correctly, breaks are resolved and MIS being sent to managers on deadlines.
- Positive "Can Do" attitude
- Contributes to an environment of collaboration and mutual responsibility
- Flexibility to work global hours and willing to travel globally, if needed
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.