JP Morgan Chase - Technology Project Manager/Associate - Core Transaction Services (3-6 yrs)
Job Description :
Department Description :
Core Transaction Services (CTS) is a technology organization responsible for transaction processing platforms globally for the Treasury Services business, with primary focus on payments and receivables. A key agenda over the next few years is the build-out of the strategic payments platform to replace the current regional payments systems and external clearing integration. The APAC delivery team covers the rollout of the new platform to the APAC branches.
Job Summary :
This role will be responsible to manage payment projects that are part of the strategic Asia payments roadmap, supporting the APAC Program Manager. Primarily focus will be ensuring workstreams within each project align to project objectives, such as requirements, software design and development, infrastructure buildout, partner systems dependencies, testing, rollout and client migration. The role will accountable to technology, business and operations stakeholders for meeting committed scope, milestones, resolving risks and issues, proactive planning etc. This is an IC (Individual Contributor) role with no direct people management responsibility.
Key Responsibilities :
- Key Stakeholder management and Project reporting
- Partner with Business and Operations stakeholders to govern project scope and prioritization of system enhancements
- Organize and chair various project working group and steering committee meetings
- Provide timely status reporting including availability of accuracy of burndown charts
- Manage the budget and costing of each project - from initial estimation until completion
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Engage the various development teams - are aligned with and committed to the project plans and to track their delivery.
- Manage and report all project risks and issues, and work towards mitigation and/or remediation and ensure prompt escalation of project issues as warranted
- Ensure the project meets internal control, audit and compliance requirements
- Ensure Architecture alignment of delivery approach and completion of design artefacts
- Track all cross-impact partner teams to ensure they are aligned with the project plan
- Flexibility in running project that small enhancements to transformations.
- Test Management ensuring test scope is agreed and track progress of test execution
- Work with Environment team to ensure availability of test environments
- Engage Infrastructure team on server or datacenter buildout where there are onshore hosting requirements
- Bachelor's degree with 7 or more years of IT Project Management experience including managing project financials.
- Very good understanding of various end-to-end software development processes starting from scope of the work to build, testing, release
- Good communication/presentation skills and excellent stakeholder management & negotiation skills
- Proven experience in the role of project manager/program manager with a minimum of 5 or more years of working experience in the banking domain with strong technical and project management background
- Experience in running complex in-house development projects with multiple interconnecting systems and interdependencies
- Experience in a global organization working with stakeholders in different geographies and time zones
- 3 or more years of Cash management/Transaction Banking projects delivery in payments domain
- PMP certification or equivalent project management certification
- Experience in running projects adopting both Agile software development & Traditional waterfall methodologies
- Hands on experience with project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, MS Project etc.,
About Us :
- JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
- We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants- and employees- religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team :
- Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.