JP Morgan Chase - Team Leader - Reference Data Operations - Global Index (4-9 yrs)
JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co is available at jpmorganchase.com.
Reference Data Operations is aligned to the Chief Data Office (CDO) which is responsible for improving the quality, integrity and reliability of the firm's critical data. The organization's objectives are to explain the path that critical data follows, improve data quality, reduce ambiguity and inconsistent terminology, enhance transparency, rationalize the number of replicated data assets, and improve firmwide- sharing of information and best practices. The CDO serves as the governing body to create firmwide standards that drive consistent data management practices, develop technologies and processes to support data management processes, partner with lines of business and functional groups to embed data management best practices and capabilities, and ensure sustainability by refining, measuring, and improving the firm's ability to manage data.
Description of role, functions and activities
- Instrument, Pricing & Common Reference Data is an operating unit center of excellence providing a global asset pricing service to multiple lines of business across J.P. Morgan as one of its three core offerings.
- The Index Calculation Agent team in Mumbai is responsible for the daily valuation of fixed income instruments included in the JP Morgan's global fixed income flagship benchmarks, covering both developed and emerging markets. The team manages and runs the index calculation engine used for daily and monthly index operations, client reporting and publication generation. The team is also responsible for tracking market events, affecting bond price movements.
- The team interacts daily with the Global Index Research Group, a part of the JP Morgan Corporate Investment Banking Research, across its global footprint (in New York, London and Asia) to ensure that the index processes, requests and systems are operating efficiently.
- Functions performed by the wider team in CIB include: Fixed Income market research to produce robust cutting-edge benchmark products and custom solutions for institutional investors and ETF providers, across the globe; Client interaction for strategic queries on index products; Commercialization of index services and analytical tools to buy-side clients and vendors; Implementation of new index analytics tools and platform for better client service.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
- Daily third-party price capture & validation of bond prices versus multiple market sources
- Analyze price movements against market news and expectations
- Liaise with pricing vendor to resolve issues and minimize risk
- Monitor systems for related job success and resolve issues by working with technology teams
- Prepare and send daily pricing and market impact summaries with supporting market news
- Generate and maintain month-end Index rebalance and composition reports by garnering information on new bond issuance and auction/buy-back activities
- Produce and analyze valuation movements within client portfolios on a daily and monthly basis
- Complete all daily, monthly, and ad-hoc tasks and reporting as required accurately and to deadline
- Resolve client (Global Index Research Group) queries promptly and professionally
- Participate and present in client monthly meetings
- Escalate all issues promptly and effectively to supervisor
- Contribute to ongoing developments of the pricing control process
- Ad-hoc project work as directed
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.