JP Morgan Chase - Team Leader - Reference Data Operations - AWM (2-4 yrs)
- JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent Corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co is available at jpmorganchase.com.
- Reference Data Operations is aligned to the Chief Data Office (CDO) which is responsible for improving the quality, integrity and reliability of the firm's critical data.
- The organization's objectives are to explain the path that critical data follows, improve data quality, reduce ambiguity and inconsistent terminology, enhance transparency, rationalize the number of replicated data assets, and improve firm wide- sharing of information and best practices.
- The CDO serves as the governing body to create firm wide standards that drive consistent data management practices, develop technologies and processes to support data management processes, partner with lines of business and functional groups to embed data management best practices and capabilities, and ensure sustainability by refining, measuring, and improving the firm's ability to manage data.
Description of role, functions and activities :
Instrument, Pricing & Common Reference Data is part of Firm wide Data Management, Reference Data Operations Organisation. It is a centre of excellence providing a global Instruments and asset pricing Global service to Asset Management, Wealth Management, and Chase Wealth Mgt. Lines of Business of JP Morgan Chase Pvt Ltd.
Key Responsibilities and Skills :
- Securities/Issuer Creation + Maintenance, and Pricing of all Marketable Assets classes like equities, fixed income, Listed Options, Mutual Funds, derivatives, hedge funds etc.
- Securities Creation + Maintenance, and Pricing of Tradable assets like Alternatives, Private Equities, from multiple vendor sources like Bloomberg, S&P, IDC, Reuters, CITCO etc.
- Stale price and variance control checks.
- Perform BAU tasks related Instruments Creation, Pricing and Control Reports with in SLA.
- Analyse all Issues & Errors, assess solutions and propose the same to Managers
- Perform Testing for any New Enhancements and Strategic Integration as part of Adoption
- Liaise with Instrument pricing vendor (Internal & External) to resolve issues and minimize risk
- Monitor systems for related job success and resolve issues by working with technology teams
- Escalate all issues promptly and effectively to supervisor
- Contribute to ongoing developments of the pricing control process
- Lead Ad-hoc project work as directed by Managers
Additional details & Qualifications :
- 2-4 years of experience in Reference Data related roles
- Demonstrate an understanding and interest in stocks, bonds, options, and financial markets and products
- Knowledge of industry activities - particularly Instruments and Pricing Ref Data, corporate actions, index benchmarking, stock markets and all asset classes.
- Instruments & Pricing vendor knowledge, i.e. Bloomberg, Reuters, ICE, etc.
- Advanced MS Office especially Excel skills, including pivot tables and v-look ups
- Mathematical mind-set demonstrating strong numerical skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive with the proven ability to work accurately and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate within a team environment and interact across departments
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to bring the issues to the closure.
About us :
- JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
- We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well