JP Morgan Chase - Senior Scrum Master (8-13 yrs)
As a Scrum Master, you'll act as a servant leader for your team(s) by facilitating clear communication to management and to the team. Our Scrum Masters are open, approachable, collaborative, and enjoy working with passionate people. They're proactive in solving problems to help their team(s) succeed. The Scrum Master drives Agile and Lean frameworks that result in quality product delivery and continuous improvement. They embrace agility as a practice. The Scrum Master is responsible for removing impediments that hinder the team from reaching their goals and has a flexible approach that enables the team to rapidly respond to changes.
Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, and problem solving is essential to our success. We bring people together with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We support teamwork, thinking big, and taking risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on relevant projects, while building an environment that provides support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. We're excited to see what you'll bring to our team.
T teams are aligned with corporate partners' evolving technology needs and the firm's ever expanding technology controls agenda. A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm's regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
- Advancing the firm's Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
- Driving innovation across the firm's corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
- Works with the Product owner to align team with the product vision, sprint goals, and other necessary information
- Drive multiple colocated scrum teams and work closely with the global team to bring synergies.
- Help resolve the blockers by engaging right set of teams/individuals and healthy escalatiions.
- Creates an environment of collaboration within the teams that allows for open dialogue and productive solutions for resolving conflicts
- Champions continuous improvement activities to reduce waste and increase productivity; coaches teams to conduct continuous improvement events
- Seeks opportunities for improvement to the overall effectiveness of teams and the organization
- Communicates organizational impediments to leadership; clears impediments for the team
- Embraces the concept of continuous learning in your own journey and instills the same in the team(s) you coach
- Graduate/Post Graduate in any science or engineering stream
- 8+ years of professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong business analysis skills
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Strong familiarity and adherence to core Agile methodologies, values, metrics and principles
- Experience as a practicing Scrum Master and drive multiple scrum teams.
- Exposure to SDLC life cycle and modern engineering practices like Unit Test-Driven Development, CI/CD processes, Release Goveranace etc.
- Expert with Agile and Scrum framework and its application in Product Development and delivery organization
- Ability to coach and mentor team members in self-management and cross-functionality.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence people at various levels
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.