JP Morgan Chase - Senior Associate - Quantitative Modeling Management (0-1 yrs)
Quantitative Modeling Role at Chase CCB (Associate)
JPMorgan Chase & Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services through our 137,000 employees. The Consumer & Community Banking Business Modeling Center of Excellence is a newly formed unit in support of modeling needs for marketing, finance and operations. Our modelers work directly with each line of business, Consumer Banking, Business Banking, Auto Finance, Credit Card and Commerce Services, Chase Wealth Management and Home Lending, to build state-of-the-art models and tools to support business growth.
We are an intellectually diverse team of economists, statisticians, engineers, and other analytics professionals, focused on quantitative modeling within CCB at JPMorgan Chase & Co. The team answers complex and unique questions, utilizing cutting edge quantitative and computational techniques and leveraging one of the world's largest repositories of consumer data. We work closely with our partners throughout JPMorgan Chase to assess and execute critical business decisions.
The position is located at Bangalore
- Responsibilities (could include one or more from the below list depending on the role): Develop industry leading quantitative models, using cutting edge analytical approaches, techniques and algorithms like those mentioned below
- Econometric Models - Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Decision Tree, Random Forest, Generalized Linear Model (GLM), Testing of Hypothesis, Simultaneous Equation Models, Panel Data Models, Bagging/Boosting, Ensemble Methods, Non- Parametric Methods, Cluster Analysis, Factor Analysis, etc.
- Time Series Models - ARIMA, ARDL, ARCH/GARCH, Tests for Unit Roots/ Structural Breaks, Time Series Filters - Baxter King, Hodrick Prescott, Wiener Processes, Random Walk (with or without drift)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)/ Machine Learning (ML) - Neural Networks, Backpropagation Algorithm, Support Vector Machine (SVM), Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN), Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN), Generative Adversarial Networks (GAN), Deep Learning, Deep Neural Networks, Auto-encoders, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Reinforcement Learning (RL), Hyper-parameter Optimization
- Mathematics - Linear Algebra, Difference Equations, Differential Equations, Optimization with or without Constraints
- Numerical Methods - Root Finding Algorithms, Solving Non-linear Equations / Systems of Equations
- Periodically (monthly/quarterly) perform the Model Monitoring and/or Model Validation to ensure that they are fit for purpose.
- Leverage appropriate techniques for Model Monitoring/Validation
- Model Performance measures - Accuracy, Gini, Lift, K-S Statistic, ROC curve and AUROC, True Positive, False Positive, Precision, Recall, F1 score, etc.
- Model validation techniques - Cross Validation, K-Fold, Group/Repeated K-Fold, etc.
- Support the creation of an industry leading Digital Platform for Model Risk Management using software such as Tableau and Alteryx
- Automate and streamline existing codes and processes to cut down on run-time and/or CPU/memory utilization
- Apply critical thinking skills and perform advanced analytics with the goal of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems.
- Generate deep insights through the analysis of data and understanding of business processes and turn them into actionable recommendations.
- Perform advanced quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to improve business performance.
- Know what type of algorithm to use and how to implement them
- Build and deploy prototype solutions to demonstrate ideas and prove concepts.
- Develop presentations to summarize and communicate key messages to senior management sponsors and colleagues.
- Become a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in Analytics
- Collaborate with others in the organization to develop new ideas and brainstorm potential solutions.
- Actively contribute to the continuous learning mindset of the organization by bringing in new ideas and perspectives that stretch the thinking of the group
- Mentor junior team members
- Deep quantitative/programming background with at least a master's degree (M.S., Ph.D.) in a highly numerate discipline like - Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, etc. from Tier 1 Educational Institutes in India (ISI, Delhi School of Economics, etc.) or abroad
- 6-10+ years of related experience in leading MNCs of global repute
- Previous hands-on experience with a quant role in Model Development, Validation, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence (candidates mandatorily need to have worked as a quant in order to be considered for this position)
- Ability to write code and develop production-ready analytical applications
- Significant experience working with very large scale (structured and unstructured) data
- Expertise in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, R
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to clearly present analytical findings and business recommendations. Highly motivated, productive, and teamwork oriented.
- Good project management skills (clear goal setting, well-organized, detailed planning, and ability for tight-timeline deliverables).
- Able to translate ambiguous business problems into a conceptual statistical and/or mathematical framework
- Ability to look into cutting edge research papers and implement selected ideas to improve existing models
- Track record of publication in leading international journals and/or IP creation such as patents (approved/submitted)
- Passionate about continuous learning and professional development
- Deeply curious; creative and imaginative
- Ability to influence and become a trusted advisor
- Ability to convey complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Can work both independently and collaboratively
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.